Offshore Bar  » Entertainment  »
9100 Havensight, Suite 9, St. Thomas, USVI 00802
  • In addition to the locals hanging out there, I've noticed that it also seems to be a secret hangout for cruise ship employees to get away for a break while the tourists are off the ship and shopping in the area
  • I've also walked away with a lot less money than I came in with a few times, because I think I stayed a little too long
  • It's interesting to watch the people playing the machines, because a lot of people take it very seriously
  • I would describe the overall age of the average customer as middle-aged, even during the evenings, but those with younger spirits definitely come out at night
  • If you're a tourist checking out the nightlife at Offshore, I would recommend staying downstairs and enjoying the music and a few drinks

• by Davis Tucker

Offshore Bar is one of my favorite places to go when I’m in Havensight in St. Thomas. It’s basically a bar, and there isn’t a menu, but it’s a nice little place with air conditioning, and I would give it a high recommendation for anyone who is shopping in the area and needs a break from the hustle and bustle of the tourist activity. It’s located in the center of a strip mall near a bathing suit outlet.

So if you’re not excited about bathing suit shopping, and the rest of your group is, it’s a nice place to get out of the sun and relax with a drink while you’re waiting for everyone to finish their souvenir shopping. Offshore Bar is a favorite hangout for a lot of locals, and each time I go there, I see familiar faces. All of the bartenders have been working there for a while, and it’s the kind of place where everyone seems to know each other, so

there’s always a friendly vibe.

In addition to the locals hanging out there, I’ve noticed that it also seems to be a secret hangout for cruise ship employees to get away for a break while the tourists are off the ship and shopping in the area. I’ve met people from all over the world at Offshore Bar. If you’re looking for more entertainment than just having a drink at the bar, there are several gambling machines so you can try your luck.

I’ve played the machines there a few times, and I’ve walked away a couple of hundred dollars ahead a couple of times. I’ve also walked away with a lot less money than I came in with a few times, because I think I stayed a little too long. It’s interesting to watch the people playing the machines, because a lot of people take it very seriously.

I’ve watched people sit there for hours and spend their entire paycheck without winning, which ...

• I think is proof that it’s only fun to gamble if you play in moderation. It’s also not unusual to see police in uniform at Offshore Bar, and they’re not in there protecting the citizens, they’re usually playing the machines along with everyone else. The territories of the Virgin Islands seem to create their own laws according to circumstances, because I’m sure I’ll never see any police in uniform gambling on the clock in the states.

During the day, the atmosphere at Offshore Bar is pretty light and friendly, but at night it becomes more of a party atmosphere. I would describe the overall age of the average customer as middle-aged, even during the evenings, but those with younger spirits definitely come out at night. Offshore Bar often features quality live entertainment during the evenings, and it’s a small place, so it can get very noisy, but the music is always good.

At night they also feature dart tournaments at the dart boards in

their upstairs room. If you’re a tourist checking out the nightlife at Offshore, I would recommend staying downstairs and enjoying the music and a few drinks. The teams that assemble to play darts upstairs are extremely serious when it comes to playing darts, and sometimes the atmosphere can get a little less than friendly.

So I think it’s best to just leave them alone, and let them conduct their business as usual. Offshore Bar is usually open very late, and I think it’s one of the few good places on St. Thomas to go for nightlife, because it’s centrally located and pretty safe.

I would still warn tourists seeking island nightlife to be careful, but only because it’s still unfamiliar territory. I give the place a pretty high recommendation for good entertainment at night. Whether you’re there during the day or the night, I think the one thing you can always count on is consistently good service from friendly bartenders at Offshore Bar.

Overall, it’s a really fun island hangout.

Offshore Bar

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5922041067140430/k2311a0422/4.22.10