Metallica - Blitzkrieg (Song)  » Music  »
  • Out of the previously recorded covers from the 1980s and 1990s I wouldn’t exactly say this is one of my favorite covers overall which Metallica did but I will comment that I believe it has some of the best guitar work out of those tracks
  • One thing I don’t like about this cover, which isn’t a major problem, is that the ending of this track is edited to include studio noise and just the band messing around when this was completely unneeded

• by Grimmy101

Blitzkrieg is a cover from the metal band called Blitzkrieg which Metallica recorded sometime during the early 1980s as a B-side for Kill ‘Em All, if memory serves me correctly, and officially released on one of the disks for Garage, Inc. I have to say that if Metallica were to record this song back when the new covers for Garage, Inc.

were being recorded, which I believe

was 1997 or so, it wouldn’t sound nearly as good.

Although the song doesn’t sound as good sonically as the newly recorded covers, the energy of Metallica from the 1980s is apparent on this track and Hetfield’s voice from that time period actually works quite nicely on this track as well.

I can’t comment very much on the actual songwriting of this track since Metallica didn’t write ...

• it, and I’m not reviewing the band who originally wrote it here, but I will say that the execution on this track is excellent and the guitarwork of Hetfield and Hammett is excellent on this track, although I can’t really praise them too heavily considering they didn’t actually write this.

one of my favorite covers overall which Metallica did but I will comment that I believe it has some of the best guitar work out of those tracks.

One thing I don’t like about this cover, which isn’t a major problem, is that the ending of this track is edited to include studio noise and just the band messing around when this was completely unneeded.

Nevertheless, still a good track.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421041066660630/k2311a0421/4.21.10