World Market Tree Free File Box
1.5
  • When I got it home, it seemed flimsier than when I bought it
  • Also, there are wrinkles and dents in the paper cover that I had not noticed before and the handles that you’re supposed to grab the box by already show signs of stress
  • I think that storage containers should be the same size as the things they’re meant to hold
  • It’s definitely too big for my magazines and papers which means they’re probably going to wind up in the bottom of the box and get damaged
  • I’m not a hard core environmentalist, but I like the idea of saving a tree when I can

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I got this to organize papers and magazines on my new bookcase. In the store I liked the color and that it looked like it could hold a lot of my papers. I also liked the faux snakeskin texture and the nice teal color. When I got it home, it seemed flimsier than when I bought it.

The textured outside seems to be some sort of paper that is glued on. The seams are actually slightly tacky with glue residue. I’m worried that it might stick to the papers and that dust will stick to it.

Also, there are wrinkles and dents in the paper cover that I

had not noticed before and the handles that you’re supposed to grab the box by already show signs of stress. Even when empty they give a little when I go to grab them. Paper is pretty heavy, so I don’t think these would hold up too well if the file box was full of paper.

The only sign of quality that I can see is the white saddle stitching around the perimeter of the box. In fact, it might be the only thing holding it together. The other thing I don’t like about it has to do with the size and design.

I think that storage containers should ...

• be the same size as the things they’re meant to hold. They call this a file box, but it’s the wrong size for that. It’s way too deep.

It’s definitely too big for my magazines and papers which means they’re probably going to wind up in the bottom of the box and get damaged. I expect a file box to not only hold papers but protect them, so this is a big problem as far as I am concerned. The other thing is that it is wider at the top than the bottom.

This means that despite the fact that my bookcase is quite deep, the top of

this file box sticks out of it. I find it unattractive and not practical. I’m not a hard core environmentalist, but I like the idea of saving a tree when I can.

It just goes to show that environmental friendliness is not necessarily the same as quality. It’s too bad this thing doesn’t make a very good file box. I feel it’s a really awkward shape for most other kinds of use.

Right now, I’m using it to hold extra socks while I continue on my hunt for a sturdy, attractive and decently priced file box.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5721041066550630/k2311a0421/4.21.10