World Market Taper Candles Set Of Six
  • So, I like my taper candles to work for me, and not just to decorate with
  • I had problems with the last pair of dinner candles I bought at Walgreens, because the bottoms were too tapered and wobbled when I put them in the holders
  • I found that not only were they a perfect fit in my modern column style candleholders, but they also fit securely in my vintage French candle sconce, even though the candle cups were smaller
  • The wax is just left in its natural state which I think looks softer and classier
  • This is important to me because I had an awful experience a few months ago with some expensive and very drippy rustic beeswax tapers

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I’m not a big fan of overhead light while dining. I always prefer the warm flattering glow of candle light, and especially if I’m entertaining. So, I like my taper candles to work for me, and not just to decorate with.

I got these to replace my regular dinner candles. I had problems with the last pair of dinner candles I bought at Walgreens, because the bottoms were too tapered and wobbled when I put them in the holders.

I like that these tapers are thicker and the same diameter from top to bottom. I found that not only were they a perfect fit in my modern column style

candleholders, but they also fit securely in my vintage French candle sconce, even though the candle cups were smaller.

I got them in white and I’m glad I chose that color. I like the fact that the wax is translucent enough so the tops glow a little bit when lit.

It seems to me that they provide more light that way, at eye level where I want it when dining at night. Another thing that I like is the look of the wax itself.

They’re not coated with a final layer of shiny wax, like the one at drugstores and supermarkets often are. The wax is just left in its ...

• natural state which I think looks softer and classier.

I also liked that after a they’ve burned for a while the tops of the candles melt just enough to flare out slightly. It gives them a rustic look, yet they’re still pretty much dripless.

This is important to me because I had an awful experience a few months ago with some expensive and very drippy rustic beeswax tapers.

At 7.

99 for six twelve inch tapers, this package is reasonably priced, though not the cheapest I’ve seen. I think I have seen cheaper ones at places like IKEA.

Still, they are good honest taper candles that I find provide

a lovely glow, safely and with no hassles. If I needed a lot of taper candles, say for a wedding I don’t think these would be very economical.

But, as it is between the candle sconce and the two candle holders on my dining room table I should get a couple weeks worth of use out of them, assuming I only burn them during dinner time. I like these taper candles for being the right size and shape for my needs, and I absolutely prefer them over the too skinny individually wrapped drugstore candles.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321041066420630/k2311a0421/4.21.10