Charm Dual Fibre Make-Up Brush  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought this product on a hug sale at http://beautyandminerals
  • Apparently, it only cost me around $11 because of the sale, instead of paying $19
  • I know that all the girls would like this brush if I told you that yes, it has a pink handle
  • I think Charm is the one and only make-up cosmetic brand that dared to paint their handles pink, making it more appealing and charming to all the buyers out there
  • But, overall, I would really recommend this Charm Dual-fibre brush to everyone who wants to have even and flawless coverage without that thick coverage that you get from putting on a lot of foundation using other make-up brushes

• by jake4you

Today, I will be reviewing about my latest beauty find, Charm’s Dual Fibre Brush, also known as a stippling brush. I bought this product on a hug sale at http://beautyandminerals.multiply.com. Apparently, it only cost me around $11 because of the sale, instead of paying $19.

A dual-fibre brush or a stippling brush is used to apply liquid-based foundations and is also used for contouring and applying blush powder to the cheeks. It also claims that it will give you that airbrushed kind of look without burdening yourself in buying that expensive, airbrush machine.

First of all, I will give my critique on the outer appearance of the Charm stippling brush, or the duo-fibre brush. The first thing that caught my attention was it’s handle. I know that all the girls would

like this brush if I told you that yes, it has a pink handle. I think Charm is the one and only make-up cosmetic brand that dared to paint their handles pink, making it more appealing and charming to all the buyers out there. This brush has the classic metal ferrule, making it more durable than those companies who chose to have the plastic ferrule instead. Lastly, the signature black and white bristles. There’s nothing to comment when it comes to the appearance of this brush because indeed, it’s colored black and white and nothing else.

Second, I would compare my experiences with using this brush during my first time and the experiences of others also, during their first time. Some people, through blog and forums, shared that the bristles will shed during the first 4 times of using the brush. Contrary to this, I have never seen my Charm brush shed in any way that is possible. Some people also shared that this brush, when applied, seems to be very prickly. I partially agree to this. Yes, it is very prickly but then I noticed that it wasn’t prickly anymore after several times of use.

Third, I would share my personal experiences with this brush. I use this brush only for my liquid foundation application. What I do is put a suitable amount of foundation, enough to cover my entire face on the back of my hand, and then using the Charm brush, I get some and stipple it to my face. I was amazed by the results. It really gave ...

• Charm Dual Fibre Make-Up Brush
      me that airbrush kind of look. What I also like about this product is with it being a stippling brush, my acne marks and discolorations are completely concealed with the heavy coverage this stippling brush can offer you. One disadvantage though of using this kind of brush is that you have to clean it every after use to remove the risk of bacteria build up on your brush. Since I’m using liquid foundation, the product left on the brush can really attract germs that could lead to breakouts if I apply the brush to my face without having it cleaned.

What I don’t like about the product is that the bristles are kind of narrower compared to other stippling brushes like the MAC 187. Having wider bristles can really be advantageous if

you want a faster application because, wider bristles can occupy a lot of space right away. Also, I would really like if the length of the handle can be smaller. It’s very hard for this brush to fit into my small make-up bag since it’s a very long brush. If I would estimate it, this Charm brush would be around 3/4 of a 12 centimeter ruler.

But, overall, I would really recommend this Charm Dual-fibre brush to everyone who wants to have even and flawless coverage without that thick coverage that you get from putting on a lot of foundation using other make-up brushes. Not only is this cheap compared to other stippling brushes, it also lives up to it’s promise of having a flawless complexion without those other complicated make-up techniques.

star says :

re : I think Charm is the one and only make-up cosmetic brand that dared to paint their handles pink, making it more appealing and charming to all the buyers out there
I don’t agree that Charm is the one and only that dared to have a pink handle on its make-up cosmetic. There are actually lots which are China made that one can find in the market painted with different colors, Pink being one of the colors.They are being sold on really cheap price and can easily be found just about in any cosmetic shop.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121041066280530/k2311a0421/4.21.10