Healthy Choice Tortellini Primavera Parmesan  » Food  »
  • Like other frozen entrees of this type, I found this Tortellini Primavera to be equally convenient
  • I like to just pop it in the microwave and come back a few minutes later, not stand around waiting to adjust the heat settings
  • In terms of taste, I found this Tortellini Primavera Parmesan entree to be very flavorful
  • If you are watching your weight and are looking for a frozen entree that is a little different than the run of the mill low calorie frozen entrees, then I think you should give this Healthy Choice entree a try

• by deem

Healthy Choice Tortellini Primavera Parmesan is a frozen entree that is both low fat and low calorie when compared to “regular” frozen entrees. I tend to eat a lot of these types of frozen entrees. others. One of the reasons I eat them so often is convenience.

I bring them to work, pop them in the office’s small freezer, pop them into the microwave at lunchtime and in just a few minutes I have a hot meal that is lower in calorie and fat than if I had run out to a fast food restaurant. Like other frozen entrees of this type, I found this Tortellini Primavera to be equally convenient. I only had to stir it once while heating at hight heat.

I prefer this type of frozen entree because it is more convenient than

the ones where you have to switch from high heat to medium heat. I like to just pop it in the microwave and come back a few minutes later, not stand around waiting to adjust the heat settings. In terms of taste, I found this Tortellini Primavera Parmesan entree to be very flavorful.

The marinara sauce was well seasoned though not spicy. There were a good number of tortellini, each of which was stuffed with cheese, and the red peppers, zucchini, and carrots rounded out the meal nicely. Furthermore, the whole grain tortellini was not mushy but had a little bit of an al dente quality to it which I appreciated.

Because I find that many of these types of meals tend to blur together in a sea of sameness, I am glad to say that ...

• the Tortellini Primavera was a nice change of pace. I am not familiar with another tortellini entree though I have eaten many ravioli frozen entrees. Although I am not a vegetarian, I was also glad that this meal does not contain any meat product because sometimes I find that the meat offerings in frozen entrees can have an odd texture to them.

I found another plus to this frozen entree was the fact that it is quite low in calories, even when compared to other low calorie entrees. It contains only 220 calories and 4 Weight Watchers points for those of you who follow the Weight Watchers weight loss program. This is a plus because it means that I can eat more at dinner without feeling guilty.

Although I cannot say that this Tortellini Primavera Parmesan

entree is one of my favorite frozen entrees of all time, I can say that I will buy it again as it adds variety into my frozen meal rotation. In addition, the Healthy Choice frozen entrees make for a very reaonably priced lunch for me. They often go on sale at my local supermarket where I can purchase four of them for ten dollars.

So, for less than three dollars I can have an entire lunch. Alhough I wish the portions were larger, I suppose that is what keeps the calories down and is supposed to be teaching me portion control. If you are watching your weight and are looking for a frozen entree that is a little different than the “run of the mill” low calorie frozen entrees, then I think you should give this Healthy Choice entree a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721041065920530/k2311a0421/4.21.10