Black Bird (Japanese Manga) by Kanoko Sakurakoji
  • I highly recommend it for avid manga and anime readers, who want a light wonderful read with a very talented artist

• by Niesa

Black Bird is a Japanese Manga by Kanoko Sakurakoji that has now been converted into English. This is like my all-time favorite manga at the moment. I mean I love this manga.

I will admit that that it’s sort of cliché with a girl, needing to be saved by a strong sexy hero but Kanoko puts new spins on it. I could not put this manga down when I first started reading it.

Over the

last for months I would see this book in the store I was always wanted to buy it, but I never did. But when the Borders bookstores were closing down with a 50% off sale I had to grab it.

Now I love it. I always buy full price, and it’s worth it for 9.

99.

The main characters name is Misao, who has been waiting for her childhood love, Kyo to come back to her ...

• after 10 years.

She’s never been with anyone else. Long story short, Kyo is a demon, and Misao was born to be demon stew unless she marries one.

Who ever marries her will have eternal youth, and his demon clan will prosper. Of course Kyo wants to marry but her, and Misao wants to marry him but she wants him to marry her because he loves her, not because of what she can give him

and his clan.

Of course bad guys come, and try to kill her, and another demon appears, who also wants to marry her. They fight over Misao, of course.

This manga has actual real events and real Japanese History in it as the author says as footnotes in the manga. I give this manga 10/10.

I highly recommend it for avid manga and anime readers, who want a light wonderful read with a very talented artist.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1721041065620430/k2311a0421/4.21.10