Disney’s Deluxe Dining Plan  » Travel  »
  • I couldn't wait to go and enjoy myself, but the first night that I was there I found myself in tears
  • I would recommend getting the deluxe dining plan, but make sure that you understand it fully

• by davis65

When planning my trip to Disney World I knew that I wanted everything paid for ahead of time. I wanted to be able to go down there and just enjoy my time without having to worry about extra costs. When I saw that they had dining plans with their packages I jumped right on it. I chose the deluxe dining plan because it came with 3 meals a day and 2 snacks a day.

The meals could be anything from a sit down meal, a character meal, or a quick service counter meal. My kids wanted lots of character meals so it was cheaper to go with the deluxe and have them all paid for ahead of time. All I had to do was call and make my reservations for the resturaunts that we chose.

I loved having the dining plan

because I didn’t have to worry about paying extra for food. Everyone got an appetizer, entree, and dessert. I will warn you that we rarley had room for dessert it was so much food.

I couldn’t wait to go and enjoy myself, but the first night that I was there I found myself in tears. The travel agent told me that I would have meals covered for all 5 days that I was there. We arrived on a Monday and checked out of our hotel on Friday morning, but we were still staying in the parks all day Friday.

The agent told me that the dining plan went by the days of tickets we bought which was 5. We ate at oru first restuarant thinking nothing about it until I got my reciept. At the bottom of the reciept it says ...

• how many credits you have left.

According to the agent I had a total of 75 credits for 5 people, which means that my reciept should have said that I still had 70 credits left after eating my dinner since I used 5. My receipt said I only had 55 credits left. I immediatly got on the phone with the Disney travel agent, and they informed me that the dining plan only covers you for the nights that you stay in your hotel.

So since I was staying 4 nights that meant I got 60 credits. The only way I could have credits for my Friday meals was if I didn’t use some of my credits Monday thru Thursday therefore leaving me with extra credits for Friday. I offered to purchase an extra night, but they told me that since I

had already checked into my hotel they couldn’t add on an extra night.

I talked with a manager and begged him to fix it, but there was nothing he could do. I ended up having to cancel 3 meals in order to make sure we still had credits for Friday. Luckily we had all the snack credits since we purchased the deluxe dining plan.

The snack credits were a lifesaver because they filled us up during lunch time since I had to cancel the lunches. I would recommend getting the deluxe dining plan, but make sure that you understand it fully. You only get credits based on the nights you stay, but you can use your snack credits and skip some meals so that you have meals for your whole stay.

The credits don’t expire till midnight on the day you check out of your hotel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3821041065460430/k2311a0421/4.21.10