Ponds Clear Solution Facial Cleanser
2.0
  • I was able to use it for probably a couple of weeks when I noticed that the product suddenly didn’t work for me
  • At first I thought it was just the dirt or the pollution around me but my mom later on said that Ponds could be the culprit
  • It was upsetting because I know a lot of people who like the facial cleanser of Ponds because it really worked for them

• by rycemix

Before I used (and then learned to love) Neutrogena, I was able to use Ponds Clear Solution Facial Wash as the product to cleanse my face. I wash my face thrice a day; after I woke up, during bath time, and then before I go to bed. Back then, I used Ponds because when I saw the advertisements, I really wanted to try it because it looks like a great product.

I was able to use it for probably a couple of weeks when I noticed that the product suddenly didn’t work for me. I mean the first couple of days it felt

like it was a product that would really suit my sensitive skin. But I realized that the longer I used it, the more I noticed that there were a lot of bumps on my face. At first I thought it was just the dirt or the pollution around me but my mom later on said that Ponds could be the culprit.

I guess there were a lot about the product that really wasn’t compatible with my skin. It was only after I stopped using the Ponds product for a while (a month I guess; I cleansed my face with plain soap and ...

• water) that I saw the bumps decreasing. The Ponds Clear Smooth Facial Cleanser is really fragrant. And my mom told me that since my skin is sensitive, it doesn’t like products that are too fragrant because it irritates the skin. She advised that it was best if I dropped the Ponds product for good and to just switch to a non-fragrant product.

It was upsetting because I know a lot of people who like the facial cleanser of Ponds because it really worked for them. I on the other hand was unlucky. There were a lot of small yet noticeable bumps on my

face and I became so embarrassed when people notice them. It probably took a month before all of those bumps disappeared. I was scared to use any Ponds product again because I kept feeling that since my skin is really not compatible with their facial cleanser, it would probably cause a breakout of bumps again on my face if I use the product again. That was actually the first and last time I used the Ponds Clear Solution Facial Wash and I wouldn’t purchase and use it again any time in the future because it really just doesn’t work well for me.

da says :

can i use ponds clear solution facial cleanser every morning and at the night after back from school? i don`t know how to use it. thx

me.glenrose says :

yes, that’s the correct way to use it. Once in the morning, and then at night before you sleep.

Galega says :

There is no problem in using it twice. However, my sister uses it only once - after she is back home after work. You can use it twice, though.

It is quite easy to use. First wash your face properly. Take little bit of cleanser on your palm and apply evenly on your face. You should also ensure that you don’t rub your face harshly.

Katlego says :

Ponds Clear Solutions was the best thing that happened for my face after a prolonged struggle. Really my face appearance stayed consistent for a year until it got discontinued in the market for reasons only Ponds institute would know. Now I cannot find anything that is as helpful as it was.

Ni a Jane says :

Hi, we are in the same situation. My skin does not also suit to ponds because tiny bumps also come out on my face. Please reply.. What soap or plain soap did you use to get rid of those tiny bumps?? Coz i also want to get rid of mine.Please

Galega says :

This product is obviously not suitable for your kind of skin. It happens. You need to ensure to go for skin allergy test or patch test before using any other cream in future. At this moment, I would suggest you to try pure Aloe Vera Gel. That will give you relief from tiny bumps within 2 - 3 days.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121041065210430/k2311a0421/4.21.10