University of Pretoria  » Education  »
Lynnwood Avenue, Hatfield, Pretoria 0002, Gauteng Province, South Africa
  • Having spent two year at the University of Pretoria, I got the opportunity to experience the much vaunted varsity life to the very fullest
  • All in all, I really enjoyed my time at the University of Pretoria and rate it as a truly world class academic institution

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

Having spent two year at the University of Pretoria, I got the opportunity to experience the much vaunted varsity life to the very fullest.

Getting into the academic side of things, I studied, but never completed, for a Computer Engineering Degree and although I never completed my course, the experience is one that will live on in my heart for as long as it beats.

The standard of academics is very, very high and that is evident in all faculties. I

was based at the main campus in Hatfield and must say the campus is very impressive in terms of design, operation and cleanliness is world class. I often got the feeling that I was in some town that had its own people, way of life and operational procedures. Everything was available to me on campus, food, automatic teller machines, hang out spots and even alcoholic beverages (although I don’t drink alcohol).

I can really say that the environment is very ...

• conducive to maximum academic development, but also to the development of me as a wholesome person. I had a computer, with internet access, available to me at any given point in time which was very important to my field of study.

On the sporting front, the facilities are world class too, as there were so many sporting codes I could take part in, with soccer naturally being my preferred one. The sports grounds, LC De Villiers, housing the famous High

Performance Center (HPC) are the much more than what any serious sportsperson could ask for. Really world class indeed, and free to access for students and other sports club members.

I also discovered the presence of some in-house museums at the main campus, including the Eduardo Villa Museum. These became some places I spent a lot of my relaxing time in.

All in all, I really enjoyed my time at the University of Pretoria and rate it as a truly world class academic institution.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5020041064830530/k2311a0420/4.20.10