Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief : A Movie
  • Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief movie adaptation is one of the most interesting movie I have watched to date

• by joiemarvic

Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief movie adaptation is one of the most interesting movie I have watched to date. I am a mythology fan and being able to see mythology merge with the modern world is a superb treat for me.

The Characters :

The creation of Percy JAckson’s character is very unique.

Poseidon falling inlove with a mortal, bears a child, and then later on commanded by Zeus to stop seeing his child is the freshest concept ever created in history.A

school camp for Demi-Gods is also a very unique idea. The Greek Gods where really brought to life in the story.

The Plot :

As what I have been trying to imply in the first two paragraphs, the movie’s plot is nothing but pure uniqueness. Merging the God’s world to present day Earth will become a fad because of this movie. The author was able to make a very interesting twist to the old concepts we have learned from school about mythology. Though ...

• we all know that this is just a fictional story,I just can’t help but believe that Gods and Goddesses fell inlove with mortal human and bore half-human half-God childres. Just like the Da Vinci Code, the movie was able to stirr our imaginations, questions our beliefs and made us think of the possibilities out there that we may discover.

The Special Effects, Plot Execution and the Movie itself :

Though the movie lasted for just almost 2 hours, the screenplay was superb and

was able to deliver the whole concept and idea of the novel. The special effects are also up to date and great. A flying converse shoe, the elevator going to Mt. Olympus going and the Lotus Casino in Las Vegas is nothing but memorable locations in the story.The movie was a very good adaptation of the novel.The movie was able to bring a new flavor for movie goers. I would not be surprised to see more movies realted to mythology in the near future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120041064580530/k2311a0420/4.20.10