Opera Mini 4.2, Vodafone Enhanced
  • This hypothesis of mine, I think, is proven by the fact that the first little quick link button I am met with is none other than the “Vodafone Live” link

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

At 200 kilobytes of space, this mobile phone browser works wonders for me and I particularly love the operational speed, the look and feel of the home page and the general functions for which the mobile phone browser was initially developed, that being compressing websites to fit into a mobile phone screen and actually operate as if one is using a full sized personal computer.

I do have some issues with the Vodafone

enhanced version however, and I feel as if the development of this version was solely for marketing purposes.

This hypothesis of mine, I think, is proven by the fact that the first little quick link button I am met with is none other than the “Vodafone Live” link. I mean what better way to enhance hits to your site than to partner up with a major player in a niche market and integrate ...

• a link to your site in the most obvious of places?

Putting that aside though, I am having problems with the “search” feature, which the previous version had Google integrated as the search engine operator. I am not sure which organization operates the search engine of this version and up to so far it really hasn’t worked for me. I would have preferred they stick to the tried and tested Google in that

regard.

I used the integrated search feature and did not get any pleasure out of it, as my “World Cup Stadiums” search returned nothing but an error message, highlighting some of other connection error.

All in all, I think I would rather stick with the older version because I sincerely feel as if I am being lured into some platform which will put me in a position to get bombarded with advertising junk mail.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2219041063761130/k2311a0419/4.19.10