Anita Baker Live Performance  » Entertainment  »
Sandton Convention Centre, Sandton, Johannesburg, Gauteng Province, South Africa
  • I love the way she maintained that explosive energy throughout the entire act, which was something I was kind of looking out for and at times, the sincerity with which she was doing her thing really got me going and singing along to some of my favorite hits of hers, like “Caught Up In A Rapture”, “Body & Soul” and “Giving You The Best That I Got”

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

It had always been a dream of mine to have the pleasure of witnessing Anita Baker perform, live in concert, as she has always been my absolute favorite soul music artist of all time.

When the opportunity for that dream to come true came around in 2008, I was sure to grab it with both these eager hands of mine.

I really loved the entire set up of the whole performance,

from the seating (and standing) arrangements, to the ambience induced by the lighting. I got the distinct feeling by the surroundings that the set up was tailored to the specifications as required by Anita Baker herself, and it was absolutely everything I imagined it to be.

When she started with her opening act, I was totally blown away, since I had imagined she was going to start modestly and gradually build up to the “killer blow”, but she seemed to hit the ground running, and I immediately knew that this was indeed going to be a night to remember.

I love the way she maintained that explosive energy throughout the entire act, which was something I was kind of looking out for and at times, the sincerity with which she was doing her thing really got me going and singing ...

• Anita Baker Live Performance
      along to some of my favorite hits of hers, like “Caught Up In A Rapture”, “Body & Soul” and “Giving You The Best That I Got”. It really and truly felt like I was being taken on a soulful journey in that the performances seemed to be lined up in such a way that there appeared to be an explosive introduction, followed by a “restful” sort of period characterized
      by her more mellow, soft hits, and then the tempo would pick up again and finally end off with a more subtle mood. I still wonder to this day, if that effect was intended or if it just happened by itself.

My night out at the live performance of Anita Baker had me feel as if I was witnessing a live love story, delivered through some high quality musical execution.

Candice says :

re : I love the way she maintained that explosive energy throughout the entire act, which was something I was kind of looking out for and at times, the sincerity with which she was doing her thing really got me going and singing along to some of my favorite hits of hers, like “Caught Up In A Rapture”, “Body & Soul” and “Giving You The Best That I Got”
I agree completely I love the way she delivers each and every song with power.So each time she reaches her last note of a song like sweet love you feel every word she’s saying

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5919041063721030/k2311a0419/4.19.10