Hometrends Bazaar Brown 16-Piece Dinnerware Set
  • The only thing I found myself not liking about the set was that there was only four of everything
  • All the pieces are dishwasher and microwave safe, making them convenient as well
  • I consider this part of the charm an another feature that makes them unique
  • I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a very attractive and durable dinner set
  • I have yet to find one as beautiful or stylish as this one, especially at the price I paid

• by mariekay

I purchased this set because it was the most beautiful dinner plate set I had ever seen. The design is gorgeous, and looks more like a piece of art than a dinner set. The plates are very unique in that they are not perfectly round, but not square either. They are a combination of both, with a slight irregular edge. The design is artistic and contemporary, with brown, dark gray, and red tones that matched perfectly in my kitchen. The set has a somewhat African inspired theme to it, and would blend well with that sort of decor. The set comes with four dinner plates, four salad plates, four bowls, and four mugs. All pieces have the same contemporary design.

I purchased the set for under

$40, and every time I use a piece from the set, I get compliments of it. The mugs are larger than standard coffee cups, and can hold about 16 oz of liquid at a time. They are larger at the top and then taper to the bottom for a sleek look. The plates are average size at around 10″. This is the perfect set to have out when we have guests over. The only thing I found myself not liking about the set was that there was only four of everything. So, since I liked it so much, I went out and purchased another set. It was a good thing I did because a few days later, one of the mugs shattered into a million ...

• pieces. Other than that though, the set has proven to be very durable and has held up well. All the pieces are dishwasher and microwave safe, making them convenient as well.

Because these plates are not a smooth, regular shape, there are small grooves in them that take some getting used to when eating off them or washing them. I consider this part of the charm an another feature that makes them unique. I liked the pattern of the set so much that I have since gone back and purchased the matching napkins and place mats. This set makes a gorgeous table setting, and I usually save it for when we have guests in order to keep it nice.

One thing to keep in mind about this table setting is

that the pieces are quite heavy, especially the larger plates. So the set is not really appropriate for children to be handling because they could easily drop a plate under all that weight. Overall though, this is a beautiful and high quality set and I am glad I purchased it. I have since seen that the store has been sold out of this item for a while, and with good reason, it’s a great dinner set! I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a very attractive and durable dinner set. I have yet to find one as beautiful or stylish as this one, especially at the price I paid. The set is a good value even if you purchase two.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5319041063581030/k2311a0419/4.19.10