J.R. Watkins Natural Apothecary Hand & Body Lotion, Lemon Creme Scent
  • I like when I can get the same boutique shop type items at the drugstore
  • It says to apply this stuff liberally, so hopefully the regular size has more convenient packaging for that
  • I think the most practical use for this stuff is probably on the hands and feet,say after a bath
  • I have to say, the best thing about this lotion is the scent

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I picked this up at Walgreen’s because it was on sale for 99 cents and the name of the scent reminded me of the yummy scents of some of the lotions I used to enjoy at Bath and Body Works. I like when I can get the same boutique shop type items at the drugstore. It saves me a trip to the mall and helps me keep to my budget.

This stuff has a very thick consistency. So thick in fact I had trouble getting it out of the sample sized bottle.

It says to apply this stuff liberally, so hopefully the regular

size has more convenient packaging for that. It has a very waxy consistency.

There seemed to still be some remaining on my skin even after I washed my hands. I can’t say that it’s greasy exactly, just waxy.

The waxy residue and sheen left behind remind me of how my hands feel after handling an expensive scented candle. On my arms it sort of disappeared.

I think the most practical use for this stuff is probably on the hands and feet,say after a bath. In other words, I don’t think this will so much cure dry skin as prevent skin from drying out.

...

• I say this because the feel and consistency of this lotion is almost identical to a shea butter lotion I used to get at Bath and Body Works, which worked a similar way for my skin. I have to say, the best thing about this lotion is the scent.

There will always be a place in my heart for lotions that smell like bakery items, which probably explains my affection for Bath and Body Works. The scent of this stuff on my skin is exactly like lemon pound cake- which somehow is exactly what I expected this lotion to smell like.

I happen

to love the smell of lemon pound cake, so that’s a plus for me. So, as a lotion I think it’s about average.

It probably won’t hurt to put in on skin that’s already moisturized, but I don’t think this is a miracle cure for dry skin. But, at least it dries quickly and isn’t greasy.

It’s not special enough that I’ll go out of my way to hunt it down if Walgreen’s stops carrying it. But, for now I’m enjoying it, if only for the unique lemon pound cake scent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119041063541030/k2311a0419/4.19.10