World Market Seahorse Outdoor Toss Pillow
  • In short, I think it would look excellent with most peoples existing outdoor cushions, so long as they didn’t have black or white in them and didn’t have too busy a pattern
  • So, in my opinion there’s no need to go replacing all my outdoor cushions to coordinate with this pillow
  • I definitely want some solid colors to go with my pillow

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

For me there are functional pillows and there are decorative pillows. This is a decorative pillow. For me, that means it’s a little too poofy and large to be a pillow to put behind my back or snuggle up with.

This is one of those pillows that I buy soley for how it looks. The color palette is a rich chocolate brown with rust and cream with a little bit of pink and dark green.

As a decorative pillow it’s a nice balance of a seaside theme and toned down sophistication. I really like that the seahorse design is on both sides.

That way

I don’t have to go flipping the cushion around if it’s put the wrong way. The design doesn’t have a sharp outline, instead it almost looks like it was hand painted, which is kind of a nice touch.

At the same time the design is very bold and striking. This pillow is made to go with the World Market Seaside Stripe collection.

However, for my taste, it has so many darker colors in it for a summer pillow that it’s almost too masculine looking that way. So, rather than use it with brown cushions, I would prefer to pair it with lighter beachier colors.

...

• I personally think it would look great with any summery colored cushions especially solid colors. In short, I think it would look excellent with most peoples existing outdoor cushions, so long as they didn’t have black or white in them and didn’t have too busy a pattern.

I already like how my existing cushions look. So, in my opinion there’s no need to go replacing all my outdoor cushions to coordinate with this pillow.

I actually feel that the outdoor fabric on this pillow is nice enough looking to be used indoors on the couch. But, with the return of summery weather, I have

decided to put mine on a long wood bench on my deck.

At 25 dollars the price is a bit indulgent for me, but just one pillow has such visual impact that I don’t think I’m going to need or want a lot more of them. I definitely want some solid colors to go with my pillow.

Like a teal or peach, even a lavender color. This pillow is distinctive, yet neutral enough that I feel it should be an easy thing to find cheaper solid colored outdoor cushions to go with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5719041063521030/k2311a0419/4.19.10