Wai Lana Body-Sculpting Ball Kit Workout  » Health  »
  • Luckily I found out that my first one also included a great workout DVD, so I how could I possibly pass up the added value of buying it in a set
  • While I was happy to start my weighted ball collection, I was even more impressed with the fact that it came with a great thirty minute workout

• by Jude244

Since using weighted balls in physical therapy and noticing a lot of my newer workout videos also featuring them, I figured it was about time I started a set of my own. Luckily I found out that my first one also included a great workout DVD, so I how could I possibly pass up the added value of buying it in a set.

The Wai Lana Golden Earth Pilates Yoga Body-Sculpting Ball Kit with DVD features a two pound weighted ball and a great workout. The soft palm sized ball is perfect for beginners and makes holding weights easier over the standard dumbbells. The ball, said to intensify the body-sculpting effects

of Yoga and Pilates, is great tool to add to a home workout program and can be used with a variety of workout DVDs.

While I was happy to start my weighted ball collection, I was even more impressed with the fact that it came with a great thirty minute workout. Since most of the other weighted balls for purchase are sold separately, or come with a basic exercise guide sheet; I found the added bonus of having a full length workout included simply irresistible.

The Pilates Yoga Body-Sculpting Ball Workout is a perfect addition to my growing Wai Lana collection. This workout designed to shape, firm, and tone the body, also has relaxation and stress relief properties sure to soothe even the tensest among us.

I particularly like how even the menu features the sounds of ocean waves lapping on the shore and it only gets better from there.

The DVD begins with a warm up filmed at a gorgeous tropical ocean front. The instructor, just inches away from the sand and palm strewn shore line, starts with a point and flex ankle rotations and then moves on to squats as you hear birds chirping and waves crashing nearby.

Still taking in the breath taking local, we next move on to trunk rotations and I can only imagine ...

• Wai Lana Body-Sculpting Ball Kit Workout
      what it must be like to workout surrounded by so much scenic beauty. From here we move to hip rotations in each direction and then shoulder rolls.

Next we used our elbows to make inward and outward circles with our shoulder height outstretched arms. All along you notice the gentle breeze rustle the foliage and the near indescribable hue of Blue Ocean shifting in the background. I will visit this place myself, even if only in my dreams.

After that we do wrist rotations in both directions and then neck stretches. From there we do spine extending roll downs and the warm up is concluded.

The workout itself

features simple exercises used to help tone in less time due to the added resistance of the weighted ball. Here we begin with the “Easy Roll-Over” move which has us use the ball held at the ankle and extend our legs at various positions.

Next we do “Roll like a Ball” which uses the ball at the knees. From here we go to “Double Leg Stretch” with the ball and then do “The Saw” move which is a seated trunk rotation.

After that we do the “Bridge” and then move on to the “Push Up”, “Side Bends”, and “Side Angle Pose”. We conclude with the “Cobra Stretch” and the “Locust” moves.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3419041063391030/k2311a0419/4.19.10