allen + roth 31″W Dark Chocolate Continental Bath Vanity Combo  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • I decided to purchase a sink and cupboard combo unit for that bathroom
  • I found the allen + roth 31 W Dark Chocolate Continental Bath Vanity Combo and I loved the looks of it right away
  • Another problem is that it leaks all over if you push it on too far
  • Another thing I was disappointed in was the bowl sink
  • Overall though, I would not recommend this product because of the issues with the faucet and sink

• by mariekay

We have just one small bathroom on our main floor. When we bought the house, it had just a freestanding pedestal sink with no cupboards or cabinets underneath. Although I didn’t mind it at first, and I liked the simple design, I soon realized that it would be handy to have something in that bathroom that had some cabinet space to store toiletries, towels, and other bathroom items. I decided to purchase a sink and cupboard combo unit for that bathroom. I found the allen + roth 31″W Dark Chocolate Continental Bath Vanity Combo and I loved the looks of it right away. The store had a display set up so I could get the full view of the unit. The vanity had 2 cupboards beneath

and a bowl sink that sat on top. The unit was sleek and contemporary, and it was priced right at under $400.

I purchased it and we brought it home and installed it in our bathroom. We had some trouble getting the legs attached to the bottom of the unit because nothing seemed to line up properly. We had to switch legs and install them in different areas to get them to fit. They looked okay when they were installed, though.

I loved how the whole unit looked, and it matched our bathroom perfectly. I liked how everything was included, the sink, faucet, and cabinets all in one unit. The faucet was really unique, and it looked different than any other faucet I had seen.

• I soon found out however, that I did not like the faucet because it’s difficult to use. It’s hard to pull or push it, and hard to figure out hot and cold sides. It’s not kid-friendly because the little ones actually need help turning it on and off. Another problem is that it leaks all over if you push it on too far. There is always water pooled up around the faucet and it constantly has to be wiped up.

Another thing I was disappointed in was the bowl sink. Although I love the looks of it, every time someone uses it, water splashes out and all over the counter top around it. The bowl sink always has water spots and is hard to keep clean. Now

whenever we have guests over and they go to use the sink, I have to warn them not to push the faucet too far or they will get splashed with water.

So, even though I like the looks of this product, I find that it’s not user-friendly, and it becomes a hassle trying to keep it clean. I do like the storage beneath the sink area, and the cabinets have come in handy for extra space to put towels and toiletries, so I am glad we decided to get the cabinet style. Overall though, I would not recommend this product because of the issues with the faucet and sink. For now we will keep it until our next remodel, but it’s really not worth the money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5319041063110930/k2311a0419/4.19.10