The Doors - The End (Song)  » Music  »
  • Certainly different than any of the other tracks on the album, but certainly the most developed and the best written in my opinion

• by Grimmy101

The End is the final track of the debut record by The Doors which has a significantly different sound than any of the other tracks on this record to precede it, for those of you who have seen Apocalypse Now, you’ll have heard this song in various parts throughout the film such as in

the very beginning and towards the very end during the killing scene. Whereas the rest of the tracks on the debut record by The Doors struck me as having a very energetic and just very rock-driven sound, The End has an extremely dark sound to it, one of the darkest I’ve heard, and is an extremely well-developed and written song. Although I was enjoying all of the other songs which precede this one, when I first heard this one, it just gave me another level of appreciation for the writing ability of The Doors. The End is quite a long track, clocking in at 11:44, but Morrison’s strong ...

• The Doors - The End (Song)
      vocal delivery and interesting lyrics are able to lead and direct the song, along with Robby Krieger’s very Eastern sounding guitar rhythms, in a fashion which takes the song through radical transitions and certainly keeps the song from getting boring. Although the majority of the song has more of an eerie and slower sound
      to it, by the end of the song, just trust me and believe that it truly becomes chaotic, as this is really the only word I feel I can describe the track. Certainly different than any of the other tracks on the album, but certainly the most developed and the best written in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1419041062970130/k2311a0419/4.19.10