Neutrogena’s Deep Clean Wave Power-Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have very sensitive, oily skin, and have found no product that cleans better than Neutrogena's Deep Clean Wave Power-Cleanser, which I paid $13.49 for
  • Even though the power cleanser does not say it is designed for sensitive skin, you can definitely use it if your skin is sensitive
  • Unfortunately Neutrogena's Foaming pads do not work for this purpose
  • The power-cleanser has extreme vibrations and I do not recommend using it for over two or three minutes because it can cause facial irritation and headaches

• by vsinnaeve

I have very sensitive, oily skin, and have found no product that cleans better than Neutrogena’s Deep Clean Wave Power-Cleanser, which I paid $13.49 for. I particular like that the Foaming pads that it comes with are not overly foamy. I have found that with other products I will spend minutes removing soap scum, whereas I can rinse off Neutrogena’s pleasantly scented foam within seconds.

I was so relieved to discover that Neutrogena’s Foaming pads do not irritate my sensitive skin. Even though the power cleanser does not say it is designed for sensitive skin, you can definitely use it if your skin is sensitive. I have searched far and wide for a product like this. Even Dove’s Sensitive Skin Foaming Facial Cleaner and Facial Cleansing Clothes leave my skin red and itchy.

A

major benefit is that I am able to re-use the pads, which seem expensive (a replacement package of thirty is approximately $10). Even when I rinse them off, some of the foam remains on them for the next use. They’re good for about two to three uses assuming your skin is not covered in mud.

I also like that this product is in a way eco-friendly. Despite that the pads are disposable, and that the power-cleaser is battery powered, you’re saving water because you won’t need to wash so many wash clothes.

I am still making my way through the Foaming pads that came with the initial product, but when I need replacements I plan to try the Gentle Exfoliating pads. My pores are easily clogged with dry skin, blackheads, and oil.

• I usually use Biore’s pore cleansing strips (about $15 for a package of six) for this deep cleaning job, but Neutrogena’s Wave seems it will be much cheaper in the long run if the Gentle Exfoliating pads work as I hope they will. Unfortunately Neutrogena’s Foaming pads do not work for this purpose.

The one thing that concerns me about this product is that the vibrating motion is not entirely gentle. It is gentle on the skin, yes, but one might ask how gentle it is on the brain and nerves behind the skin? The power-cleanser has extreme vibrations and I do not recommend using it for over two or three minutes because it can cause facial irritation and headaches.

The product is portable, which is great for girls like me who

are always on the go. The cleanser itself is waterproof and because the foam is not too foamy, it is a relief to know I will not have to deal with any messy clean-up. I can easily tuck the power-cleanser into my bag, pad already attached, and give my skin a quick cleanse whenever I want to feel fresher throughout my fast-paced workday.

I am pleased to report that the box does not lie — My skin felt instantly softer after just one use, and it stays feeling clean and soft for longer than it has from other products I have tried.

So, if you haven’t been able to find a facial cleansing product that satisfies your skin, why not give Neutrogena’s Deep Clean Wave Power-Cleanser a whirl? I guarantee you’ll benefit. I have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119041062760130/k2311a0419/4.19.10