Cristophe Professional Volumizing Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • The first thing I noticed about this shampoo is that it smells nice without being distinctive in any way
  • I have to say I was a little disappointed by that since I like shampoos that smell like fruits or lavender or pepperment
  • Also, there's definitely no immediately body and lift as a result of using the shampoo the first time

• by Anasuya

Given my lack-luster hair, Cristophe Professional Volumizing Shampoo seemed like the perfect alternative, the perfect product to wake up my tired over-all look. I have always had very fine and thin and oily hair. Most shampoos succeed in doing little more than weight my hair down more than it would otherwise be if I’d just leave it alone for the day, and the concept of using a conditioner is about the most foreign thing to me because that would make me look like a 50’s greaser! And, a few years ago, I lost quite a bit of weight in a very short amount of time and, as a result, lost a bit of hair, which is apparently a side-effect of rapid weight loss. As such, my normally fine hair is now completely unmanageable and looks ill and lifeless because it

just hangs there. I can’t curl it because it will hold the first curl for about as long as it takes me to get to the last curl, so the process is pointless. I’ve resorted to trying out different body-adding shampoos in a lame attempt to restore my hair to its previous glory.

The Cristophe Professional Volumizing Shampoo was affordable at a little over $2 a bottle, though the bottles aren’t very large at all. Still, I’ve spent upwards of $15 on bottles of shampoo in the past that didn’t do anything, so this certainly wouldn’t have been a very detrimental loss at all. I also have a few standards that this shampoo met, in that it’s not tested on animals and it’s paraben free (which weighs down fine hair), and I have to say I’m a sucker for things supposed created and used in salons. It’s probably a marketing ploy to say that about this product, but I’ll still buy it for that reason regardless.

The first thing I noticed about this shampoo is that it smells nice without being distinctive in any way. There’s no particular scent that pops out, and certainly nothing fancy like lavender or anything like that. It smells pretty much like any generic shampoo that doesn’t have a specific scent added to it. Soapy, basically. I have to say I was a little disappointed by that since I like shampoos that smell like fruits or lavender or pepperment. Maybe I just like shampoos that have those things in the name, but it was still a bit of a let-down that there was no real distinctive smell about this product.

Also, there’s definitely no immediately ...

• Cristophe Professional Volumizing Shampoo
      “body and lift” as a result of using the shampoo the first time. It takes my hair a couple days to get used to a new product, so I gave it at least a week before I drew any conclusions about its effectiveness. And, after that first week? Well, I still wasn’t impressed. Then again, that’s not to say I was disappoined either. Basically, I could’ve gone to any grocery store in any town, spent less than $2 on a bottle of shampoo and pretty much achieved the same results. There was never any noticable lift or increase in the amount of body in my hair. It got my hair squeaky clean, like any other bottle of generic shampoo, so although it wasn’t detrimental to my hair, it also didn’t seem to live up to it’s “salon tested” parameters either.

So, there’s still a nice smell for this product, though its indistinctive at best, and it cleans well enough, but it doesn’t volumize the way the name indicates. With that said, it’s still an affordable shampoo and cleans better than more expensive varieties that I’ve tried. All in all, not a useless product, but not worth a penny more. Oh, and another positive thing I can say about this product is that it foams really nicely. I have this thing about prefering shampoos that foam very well and really lather thickly in the hair, and this product does that and then some. The lather would actually get so thick that it would drip off my hands while I was washing. I’d probably re-purchase this product for no other reason than it gets my hair clean enough and feels great when I’m lathering it in.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119041062051230/k2311a0419/4.19.10