Scars on Broadway The Self Titled Album  » Music  »
  • Anyways, despite me still wanting another System of a Down album over this, this was still a good an interesting album, but flawed in some areas
  • This song has a very slow start, but it’s building up to the midpoint, and even then when the song sounds like it’s picked up, it’s still building up and then it finally explodes into arguably the best part of the song
  • There is one part of the song I like which is where they have their own rendition of “Drugs” which was a song the band rarely played at live concerts

• by Shintai

Half of this band before they broke up was actually consisted of System of a Down member Daron Malakian who was the lead guitar player, and John Dolmayan who was the drummer. Daron this time around reprises his former role as a guitar player, but also acts the lead singer, which I find is great since I always liked his singing and always though he never got enough time to sing his own songs while he was with System of a Down. John also comes back as a drummer, and honestly he’s such a great drummer, that seeing him do anything else would just be strange. Anyways, despite me still wanting another System of a Down album over this, this was still a good an interesting album, but flawed in some areas.

The first song to play is Serious, and this is a really great way to start off the album. It’s a great song that shows what the band can do, especially that Daron can sing, really well.

Also, the song has nothing to do with the Joker from the Dark Knight, so don’t ask. The next song is Funny, and no the song itself actually isn’t funny, that’s the name of the song. It’s actually a pretty

mellow sounding song, but it’s probably one of my most favorite tracks on the album and shows how talented of a writer Daron is. Well, most of the stuff for System of a Down was written by him anyways, so it’s always shown, but you know what I mean, it’s a really good song. The next is Exploding/Reloading, which is an okay song.

It’s nothing special, but nothing bad, it’s just okay in my eyes or ears in this case. The next song is Stoner Hate and it’s a pretty funny song. With lyrics like “California’s been invaded by a hippie psychopath” I can’t help but laugh. The next song, which has its own music video, is World Long Gone. This is a pretty good song, it isn’t a hard rocking song, but not quite mellow, but sad at the same time.

I don’t know how to describe it, other than it’s a well crafted song. The next song, Kill Each Other/ Live Forever, is a great song. It took me a little while for it to grow on me, but now I really like this song. The next song is probably one of my most favorite songs on this album, Babylon. This song has a very slow ...

• start, but it’s building up to the midpoint, and even then when the song sounds like it’s picked up, it’s still building up and then it finally explodes into arguably the best part of the song.

This is really a great song, and is one of the better examples of how great of a singer Daron is. This next song is another favorite of mine, Chemicals. This is another funny one, but it’s not overly goofy and has some genuinely epic sounding moments in the song, especially when Daron is saying “When I say fuck the world let’s get ready to rock” it got me pumped up, a lot of head banging mostly. Ugh, I hate the following song, Enemy. It has an interesting sound, but I just don’t like this song as a whole.

There is one part of the song I like which is where they have their own rendition of “Drugs” which was a song the band rarely played at live concerts. If it wasn’t for this small section of the song, I would completely hate it. As if to wash away the crap from the previous song, Universe comes on, and it is an awesome song. It’s got some really cool guitar playing and

some interesting sounds in the background. Overall, it’s another favorite of mine on the album and one listen to a lot.

Following that is 3005, and it’s alright song. Others say it’s a great song, I guess I just don’t see it. I like this song, don’t get me wrong, but I just don’t see it as that great of a song. It does have one really cool guitar solo in though. Following that song is Cute Machines, which is a cool song.

The lyrics are a bit repetitive, but the song itself isn’t and has some really cool sounding moments in it. Next up is Wh*ring Streets. This is a great song. It’s a bit slow paced, but in a good way as it’s still got some rocking moments and this ends up as another favorite of mine on the album. And so the album ends with the song, They Say.

This is another song with a music video, and is a pretty kick ass song overall and is a nice finish for the album. Overall I give this album a 9 out of a 10. I really only directly hated one song, and even that song has a section of I did like. Overall I really liked this album.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1418041061961130/k2311a0418/4.18.10