Suspect Aluminum skate decks  » Other  »
  • I snap my boards very easily, skate in rain, go through puddles of water, slide and grind on rough things, get razor nose and tails real fast, so I decided to try something new
  • However, I fixed this problem by putting on some shoe goo and super glue on the edge of the replaceable tips
  • Those are definitely not what I'm looking for when I purchase a new board
  • The original price for the deck is $70.00, and a pair of replaceable tips cost originally $20, and a replaceable tips last for couple of months

• by skateboardreviewer

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I have seen many people questioning about suspect aluminum boards, yet not many who are able to answer them, so I’ll be reviewing them with you today.

Aluminum suspect boards are are very strong, they have great durabilities, they have replaceable tails and noses, they slide very well, and they don’t warp nor rust. I’ve used this board for more than 8 months (it didn’t break, but I ran out of the replaceable tips), and it worked out fine for me. I snap my boards very easily, skate in rain, go through puddles of water, slide and grind on rough things, get razor nose and tails real fast, so I decided to try something new. When I first got the board, I absolutely hated it. It was heavy, way to stiff, had no pop, made a hideous high pitch sound when I landed, rattled, and worst of all, the replaceable tips would fly away every time I rotated the board. However, I fixed this problem by putting on some shoe goo and

super glue on the edge of the replaceable tips. Do not ever skate these boards before you know for sure that the replaceable tips are solidly stuck inside, because if you land premo when your replaceable flies outside your board, you’ll bend the board and you won’t be able to fit the replaceable tips back in. It took me an hour to bend it back with a small gardening shovel and a hammer. Also, it’s a pain in the rear to take the replaceable tips out of the boards to replace them after you put superglue and shoe glue in there. You have to use a shovel and work your way out. The second biggest problem was that this board was way too solid, heavy and had no pop to it. Those are definitely not what I’m looking for when I purchase a new board. Durability is very important to me, but I also look for boards with good pop and I am pretty sure I’m not the only one. Also, the ...

• board makes a terribly high pitch noise when you land. It makes a louder and higher pitch than element helium decks for crying out loud, and those seriously make your ears vomit out blood every time you land a trick. It rattles alot as well.

However, I got used to the board after 2 weeks and my ears got used to the rattling and the high pitch tone. Also, as I started to get used to this board, I realized that it was very easy to control and flipped very well. I had my impossibles and pressure heel, kick, varial, hard, inward flips locked on this board. Also, I skated in the rain, snow and even hail and the board was not effected at all. The bearings were rusty and the grip tape wasn’t as grippy as before but I had cheap bearings and mob grip tape so it was fine. Also, I was able to slide on basically anything without even waxing, so I didn’t even bother to carry around a

wax with me. I didn’t worry about my board snapping either since it was made out of aluminum, but I was a little worried about bending the board because the board was hollow. The only problem I had with the board after I got used to it was the fact that the board and the replaceable tips were way too expansive. The original price for the deck is $70.00, and a pair of replaceable tips cost originally $20, and a replaceable tips last for couple of months. Right now, at http://www.atgsunglasses.com/skateboards-index.html, aluminum decks are on sale for $59.00, and the replaceable tips are on sale for $10 a pair, but that is still very expansive.

Overall, this board might be worth it depending on how often you snap your boards, how often you skate, how you land your tricks, how much you weigh and how you skate overall, but I would rather buy 8 blank decks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1216041061800730/k2311a0416/4.16.10