Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover  » Cosmetics  »
  • So I decided to try Mary Kay Oil-Free Makeup Remover
  • It cost about $15 for a 3.75 oz bottle, which was not affordable for me
  • If I remember my chemistry, makeup is oil-based and the best way to get rid of oil-based substances is with another oil-based product (like my once-dependable heavy cream)
  • Even though it is a little pricey for me, I found that Mary Kay makeup remover lasts a long time
  • Overall, I would recommend this product because the benefits outweigh the cost

• by sangwon

Before I became more educated about cosmetics, I used to remove my makeup the old-fashion way like the women back in the ‘50s – putting on cold or heavy cream and wiping it off with tissue. It worked fairly well although it left me questioning about what the thick cream does to my pores. And then I started to notice an eye pimple (called milia) starting to form under my right eye. I went to my dermatologist about it and he recommended that I try cutting down on using heavy cream to remove my makeup. So I stopped and

started to use just plain soap and water but that left my skin feeling dry and didn’t work very well at removing mascara without leaving smudges. So I decided to try Mary Kay Oil-Free Makeup Remover.

It cost about $15 for a 3.75 oz bottle, which was not affordable for me. I debated with myself on whether I should buy Mary Kay or Neutrogena, who also has an makeup remover for half the cost and a bigger bottle. But a girlfriend persuaded me into buying Mary Kay. At first, I didn’t see how it was going to remove my makeup because it’s oil-free. If I remember my chemistry, makeup is oil-based and the best way to get rid of oil-based substances is with another oil-based product (like my once-dependable heavy cream). But I was pleasantly surprised with this product.

First of all, the liquid is kind of runny so it spreads on very easily with a small amount. It feels very gentle – almost like baby lotion – and it doesn’t burn or sting at all when I put on my eyes. It has a nice mild fragrance that wasn’t heavy, which I appreciated. It glided on ...

• Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover
      very nicely and wiped off very easily. It is a good job of removing my eye makeup, including mascara, with just one application, and it left my eyes feeling almost rejuvenated. My skin didn’t feel oil after using it and it left my skin feeling pretty soft. I was so happy with it that I put some on over the rest of my face to remove my foundation. Just like my eyes, it not only removed my facial makeup but it left it feeling baby-soft. Normally, I always wash my face after removing my makeup but I loved
      how it left my skin so much that I didn’t bother turning on the faucet. More importantly, it didn’t leave my skin feeling greasy.

Even though it is a little pricey for me, I found that Mary Kay makeup remover lasts a long time. I end up needing very little every time and it does an excellent job of removing my makeup with just a few wipes. It leaves my skin feeling baby soft without a heavy fragrance and my skin looks fresh and rejuvenated after each use. Overall, I would recommend this product because the benefits outweigh the cost.

Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115041061210130/k2311a0415/4.15.10