Netflix  » Business  »
100 winchester circle, Los Gatos, CA 95032
  • Just in case someone actually read that review too, I wanted to take the time to tell you about my experience with the company
  • The first thing I found I liked about Netflix was the price
  • There is no extra monthly cost for this service and I actually watch movies on this more than I do on DVDs now
  • I would recommend this company to just about anyone

• by Review Vigilante

I just got done reading a review that totally trashed the Internet movie service Netflix; calling it a poor company to be a customer of. Just in case someone actually read that review too, I wanted to take the time to tell you about my experience with the company. I have been a Netflix customer since February of 2008. I first joined on a free trial then paid for one movie at a time for a while before expanding to as many as three movies at once (I’m currently on 2 movies at a time).

In the more than 2 years I have been a customer, I have not had one complaint about the company. I watch a lot of movies. And, in the past, we used to rent them from the local video stores.

In total, we

would spend as much as $20 each week on everything from new releases to older DVDs. The first thing I found I liked about Netflix was the price. Like I mentioned before, I am on an unlimited plan that allows me to keep two movies at any time.

I pay less than $15 each month for it; a savings of about $45 over what I paid at the movie places. The service is really quick too. I can return a movie on Monday and I will have a new movie from my queue by Wednesday.

On some rare exceptions, the movie I ordered didn’t arrive within that two business day time frame. On those occasions, the company made it up to me by giving me an extra movie to watch. And, unlike our movie stores, the DVDs come ...

• in excellent condition.

I can’t tell you the number of times I rented a movie only to have it scratched up to the point I couldn’t watch it. That has only happened maybe twice with Netflix since I joined and they rushed a replacement movie to me each time. Now that our oldest daughter likes watching movies, I have taken advantage of two services from Netflix.

The first is their no late fee policy; which allows us to keep the movie as long as we want. My daughter will keep a DVD for a couple weeks at a time if she likes it; something that used to cost us money with the local movie places. The other service is their new Instant Watch service.

This service allows us to watch movies on our TV by streaming them from

the Internet. There is no extra monthly cost for this service and I actually watch movies on this more than I do on DVDs now. The instant watch service has everything from classic movies to some newer releases.

For example, I am getting ready to watch Angels and Demons this weekend using this method. I especially like the fact I can load seasons of various television shows too; something that is a pain to do on DVD because you only get a few episodes at a time that way. If you like movies and are debating whether to stick with your local movie store or to join Netflix, I would suggest doing the latter.

There are likely customers out there that aren’t happy with this service. But, I can honestly tell you I am not one of them. I would recommend this company to just about anyone.

Netflix

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4115041060941230/k2311a0415/4.15.10