Coleman Zephyr LED Tent Light and Fan  » Housewares  »
  • What I like about it is that the fan is made of soft to the touch blades, so I can feel safe leaving it in the tent with the kids and not worry about them hurting themselves if they touch the blades
  • My only concern was that the device is quite heavy, and it could put some stress on the fabric of the tent, but so far this has not been an issue and the tent seems to support the fan fine
  • I would recommend it to anyone who camps in a tent and is looking for a device that will circulate the air and also light up the space

• by mariekay

Our family spends a lot of time camping during the summer. We have a trailer that we stay in, and also a tent for my son and his friends. The kids love sleeping in the tent, and when I saw this product I knew it would be perfect as a solution to two problems with the tent - air circulation and lighting. The kids often have flashlights with them in the tent, but then they need to hold them or set them down for light. Also, even though the tent has windows, it often gets stuffy in there on a warm night. So, this light/fan combination appealed to me, and it was only $20 so I purchased it. The device takes 4 D batteries, which are

not included and need to be purchased separately.

We used the fan/light on our next camping trip and it worked out great. What I like about it is that the fan is made of soft to the touch blades, so I can feel safe leaving it in the tent with the kids and not worry about them hurting themselves if they touch the blades. Another thing that’s nice about this product is that is comes with two lights, one is bright and the other is dim. If you have the dim light on, it’s just enough light to where you can see in the dark, but not bright enough to keep you awake. The first night, the kids kept the night light on all night.

The fan is also quite ...

• impressive for such a small battery-powered fan. It’s not super powerful, and it doesn’t blow air with a ton of force, but it does a good job of circulating the air around in the tent so it doesn’t get so stuffy at night. The tent we have is pretty small, so this fan works well, but it might not be as effective in a large tent, or you might need two of them. Don’t expect this fan to blow air with a lot of force because it’s not that strong, but if you are just looking to get some air movement, it’s perfect.

The fan/light can be attached to the top of the tent using the existing hooks, or the magnet that the fan comes with. My only

concern was that the device is quite heavy, and it could put some stress on the fabric of the tent, but so far this has not been an issue and the tent seems to support the fan fine. You can also attach it to a bungee cord if you prefer that the fan is closer to where you are sleeping.

Overall I really like this product and it does a good job of lighting and cooling the tent. I would recommend it to anyone who camps in a tent and is looking for a device that will circulate the air and also light up the space. For the price, it’s a good value and we plan to take it with us every time we camp.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5315041060891230/k2311a0415/4.15.10