Ralph Recto, Youngest Senator in the Philippine 12th Congress  » Local news  »
0.5
  • I myself did not vote for him because I believe he did not deserve to be re-elected
  • I think I could never ever consider voting for him no matter how many times he would seek for re-election
  • Whatever campaign strategy he would use for his campaign, I would still not consider voting for him

• by ladyli

Ralph Recto a former Senator of the Philippine Senate lost his bid for re-election in 2007 National Election. I myself did not vote for him because I believe he did not deserve to be re-elected. He was the author of the Reformed Value Added Law that has now been making life harder for Filipinos like me. The Reformed Value Added Law is still being implemented and only God knows if it could ever be repealed still. I think I could never ever consider voting for him no matter how many times he would seek for re-election.

Now he has been diligently campaigning. It displeased me a lot seeing him using his whole family in his campaign ad. He even added Luis Manzano who does not even have any blood relationship with him. He is the son of his wife, Vilma Santos by her first husband, Edu Manzano actually but Recto had the guts to use Luis in his campaign. I believe this is a desperate move of a man who has lost credibility and would want to capitalize on the popularity of others. Well no matter what, I could not be convinced by Ralph Recto. Whatever campaign strategy he would use for his campaign, I would still not

consider voting for him. Even if his wife, Vilma Santos have been winning in the local elections I don’t think that merits him for my vote. I don’t even think Vilma’s winning streak and popularity can ever help Ralph Recto to win my vote. His reputation has been fully tarnished by the Reformed Value Added Tax Law. No person could ever convince me to forget about this. Every time I’d eat in any restaurant, the Reformed VAT Law authored by Ralph Recto always raises my blood pressure because as I get my bill I’d see charges for E-VAT and it is really very disappointing. Every item that I shop that has E-VAT charges renews my disgust for Ralph Recto. How then could anyone blame me toward my reaction on this man? Even when Ralph Recto lost and was unable to join the 13th Congress, he kept on bringing burden to my finances each day of my life.

Indeed this Reformed Value Added Tax Law raised more revenues for the government and the credit goes to Ralph. The administration loved his Reformed Value Added Tax Law a lot. It gave them more money to plunder. According to Recto’s press release he ensured that ...

• portions of the incremental collection from Reformed VAT will be allocated to health and education but come to think of it I could not see any clear benefits in this regard. Our public hospitals are still just as miserable. The poor who could not afford the medicine will die just the same even if the doctor’s fee is for free. The E-VAT law did not improve the health services in any way as per my observation. Ralph Recto wanted to impress our creditors with our ability to erase our deficit so that they raised the Philippines’ credit-worthiness rating. I don’t think this matters to me at all. In fact I would not want our credit-worthiness to ever rise for in the first place why we have to bury the Philippines in indebtedness. The money does not go to right projects anyway and in fact the people in power are just using the money for their own benefit anyway. There is no reason to rejoice over the enactment of the reformed VAT law. It has in fact increased the value of commodities so the people are the ones suffering. The businessmen just passed this additional tax to consumers so Ralph Recto is wrong in saying that poor Filipinos
        will not be affected by E-VAT. I believe Ralph Recto’s two masters degrees, one from the University of the Philippines, Diliman for Public Administration and the other from the University of Asia and the Pacific for Strategic Business Economics in thinking wisely before authoring this reformed VAT law. He was the youngest Senator of the 12th Congress but his youth did not help him in thinking better before writing a bill such as this.

I am so displeased with Ralf Recto so that even if he used the popularity of both his wife, Vilma Santos and her son, Luis Manzano it will not help him win my vote. Not even his decision to leave Lakas-Kampi party in favor of the Liberal Party of Noynoy and Roxas tandem will ever convince me to include him in my senatorial list this coming May 10, 2010 election. Ralph Recto will not earn a single vote from my clan and I believe he should not be voted by all the Filipino people again. He deserves lifetime punishment for being the author of the reformed Value Added Tax Law. The Filipinos will all suffer for a lifetime because of this bill unless this would be repealed so I believe Recto deserved lifetime punishment just as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3615041060871230/k2311a0415/4.15.10