The House Bunny movie
1.0
  • Anna Faris, Colin Hanks, Emma Stone, Kat Dennings When I saw the trailers for The House Bunny , I was excited to see it because Anna Faris was in the movie, and I thought she was a funny actress after seeing her in the Scary Movie franchise
  • I have to admit that I was disappointed with this movie because it was nothing what I had assumed the movie would be based on the trailers
  • I think the producers were trying to hard to base the movie along the lines of Legally Blonde and it backfired

• by C.Channing

The House Bunny

PG-13

Director: Fred Wolf

Cast: Anna Faris, Colin Hanks, Emma Stone, Kat Dennings

When I saw the trailers for “The House Bunny”, I was excited to see it because Anna Faris was in the movie, and I thought she was a funny actress after seeing her in the Scary Movie franchise. However, that wouldn’t be the case once the movie started to progress.

“The House Bunny” is about Shelley Darlingson (Anna Faris) who is living at the Playboy mansion, and is hoping to finally seek her position on the cover of the Playboy magazine. Shelley is the popular one in the house, and that doesn’t sit well with Cassandra (Monet Mazur) who is jealous of Shelley and sets out to get her out of the house; she teams up with a guy in the house to write a letter–pretending to be Hugh Hefner–telling Shelley that she’s too old

and it’s time for her to leave the house. Dismayed by the news, Shelley packs her things and searches for a new place to live while landing in jail during the process.

While on the streets, Shelley overhears a group of girls talking about a party and she decides to follow them which lands her in the most popular sorority house on campus. Shelley tells the girl that she is looking for somewhere to stay and the girl tells her that the sorority house was not for her. Before she leaves, she stumbles on a meeting of house mothers and Shelley says she’s looking to be one and the head house mother (Beverly D’ Angelo) turns her away. However, there is one house mother that tells her Zeta sorority is looking for a house mother.

When Shelley goes to the Zeta house, it’s in shambles and they are ...

• about to lose it because of their lack of pledges. Shelley tells the sorority that she is there to be their house mother and that she can help them get pledges. After a few mishaps with the sorority sisters, Shelley tells them the only way to gain pledges is to change their image. The girls undergo an image change and suddenly becomes the popular sorority on campus which doesn’t sit well with their rival.

I have to admit that I was disappointed with this movie because it was nothing what I had assumed the movie would be based on the trailers. It had its moments: like when Shelley does this deep voice thing to remember names. It was funny at first, but the more she did it the less funny it became. The romance between Shelley and Oliver (Colin Hanks) was the most awkward and forced thing

I’d ever seen on screen. I was hoping either character got hit by a bus in order to make the pain of watching their non-existent chemistry. It seemed the more and more the movie progressed, the more I got lost and so did the writing. By the end of the movie I was so discombobulated by what I had seen I didn’t know whether to cry because I sat there for so long watching it, or get angry and demand my money back.

Overall, I thought “The House Bunny” was the worst movie I’d seen. After the first five minutes, you immediately want to look for the nearest exit or the open button on your dvd player. I think the producers were trying to hard to base the movie along the lines of “Legally Blonde” and it backfired. The movie started off good and then went downhill from there.

The House Bunny movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115041060601230/k2311a0415/4.15.10