Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Power Mile
  • I think this may be an older workout then my others

• by Jude244

The second workout I purchased the other night was the Power Mile workout found in the Walk Away the Pounds, Power Series. Since I have tried the Express series, the Walk Diet, and the Walk Away the Pounds Abs workout; I couldn’t wait to see how the Power Series differed.

The Power Mile is considered an Express workout designed for days when you have very little time yet still want to get in at least a solid mile of walking. I particularly like that there are only about 15 minutes of walking and then roughly five minutes divided by the warm up and cool down.

Once again I am surprised by the change in class size and setting between this Power Series DVD and my other Walk Away the Pounds Workouts. I guess I got really used to the brick walls, dark floors, and shifting colors of the opaque

window insets.

Here the class size is three, including Leslie, and the location is a surreal set with oddly placed doors that serve no purpose, a floating roof top, a geometric pattern of Roman pillars, an occasional column, and a wildly distracting white and black painted floor.

The floor favors mathematic precision in its lines that intersect and converge into a vanishing midpoint located behind Leslie. It is by far the strangest set I have ever seen for a workout. It reminds me of a Salvador Dali painting with its vivid blue background, doors without walls, and floating roof with no house or foundation beneath it.

At first I wasn’t sure if I liked it, but its quirkiness grew on me. Also, the opening warm up music sounded like 70’s Disco elevator music, and was a complete departure from the usual club, or synthesized music found on other DVDs. I ...

• think this may be an older workout then my others. It’s not bad though.

We begin with the four core moves, the walk, alternate leg kick, side steps, and knee lifts. After a quick warm up we go directly into a fast walk for the remainder of the mile. The music suddenly speeds up to where it sounds like a 33 RPM is played instead at 45.

I kid you not, if there were words in this song they would have sounded like the voices of the chipmunks singing them. It just keeps getting faster and faster, but I still liked it a lot more than the elevator music in the beginning.

A few minutes into the workout the students pick up the weighted balls used for the upper body portion of the workout. As I just purchased a pair of weighted gloves for a kick boxing set, I

substitute them for the balls, which I have yet to buy.

First we do shoulder presses with the weights while doing alternate leg kicks, and then we do knee lifts while doing the presses. After that we march in place while doing an up-down then stretch out and back lifting move. From here we do hamstring curls, then kicks with opposite arm forward reaches and then kickbacks with biceps curls.

We end with a cool down of slower side steps, kicks, walks, mini-squats, side stretches, plies, and calf stretches.

In all it was a fun workout. I liked the upper body lifting portion in particular, and felt it added a lot to workout overall. If you purchase this workout on Amazon, don’t forget to have some light weights handy when you get ready to begin. It retails on Amazon for 13.50 USD or from private sellers for less than three dollars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3415041060531230/k2311a0415/4.15.10