Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation
  • As I get older, I have noticed that the skin on my face has areas that have become slightly discolored
  • Normally, I use power or mineral foundation, but I decided to purchase a liquid foundation product to hopefully provide a little more coverage and even out my skin
  • I found that product to be messy and difficult to blend
  • I was surprised the first time that I used this product when I noticed that this foundation is very sparkly
  • I would not recommend this product to anyone with dry skin since it has a tendency to easily cake up

• by simply_fabulous

As I get older, I have noticed that the skin on my face has areas that have become slightly discolored. Because I have dark brown African American skin, I tend to be very conscious about the way my face look, since any discoloration can be easily noticed. Normally, I use power or mineral foundation, but I decided to purchase a liquid foundation product to hopefully provide a little more coverage and even out my skin.

I will admit that I am unfamiliar with Revlon cosmetic products. I really do not use liquid foundation, but when I did in the past it was from Covergirl. I found that product to be messy and difficult to blend. As a result, I hoped that this product would perform

better. The skin on my face is mostly dry although there are a few oily spots on it. I was surprised the first time that I used this product when I noticed that this foundation is very sparkly. While I love glitter, I am unsure about how I feel about it being on my face. A positive about this product is that it is easy to apply and not very hard to blend, but I found it be just like the Covergirl foundation that I used in the past that would be everywhere, including my clothing, except my face. I was very disappointed that I had to reapply this product at least two times while I was at work.

When I was in the store ...

• shopping for this product, I did the best I could to find the right shade for my skin. This foundation is not forgiving in any way, and barely covered the dark areas of my skin. It took me at least three layers of this foundation to disguise the discoloration on my skin which made me look like I was wearing a mask on my face. I also do not like the way that it made my skin look dull and dry.

There are a lot of things that I would like to change about this product. I wish there was a better quantity of colors that it is available in, and I also think the product should be better formulated so it could adjust

to slight differences in skin tones. I believe that this product is more suited for someone who wants light coverage that also does not mind looking like a glitter disco ball.

I would not recommend this product to anyone with dry skin since it has a tendency to easily cake up. If you are able to find a shade of this product that perfectly matches your skin tone, then I do not believe that it is as much of a gamble for you to buy this foundation. However, do not try to estimate which color will look better on you because this product is not very forgiving and you will end up wasting your money. I would rate this product a 6 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115041060411130/k2311a0415/4.15.10