Ambi Even Clear Skincare Foaming Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • While shopping in Wal-Mart, I was surprised when I noticed that the Ambi brand has its own foaming cleanser
  • While I was slightly hesitant about purchasing a product that I was not very familiar with, I decided to buy it anyway hoping that it would make my skin look just as nice the product that my great aunt used
  • I do not know if my experience using this product was more of a result of my skin being naturally dry or the foaming cleanser just being ineffective
  • I would not purchase this product again, and I do not recommend it to anyone with dry skin as well
  • In my opinion, a jar or stick of cheap cocoa butter would have been more effective and cheaper for me to use than this product

• by simply_fabulous

Ambi is a product that many African American women are familiar with because it promises to help even out facial discoloration that is normally associated with darker skin tones. I had a great aunt who used the facial cleansing bar produced by this company every day of her life as long as I can remember, and her skin always looked remarkable. After noticing some dark spots on my face a few days ago, I remember how well that product worked for my great aunt and thought that perhaps the company would make a product that could improve the condition of my skin. I have used Clean & Clear facial foaming cleanser for a long time and developed a preference to products that are similar to it. While shopping in Wal-Mart, I was surprised when I noticed

that the Ambi brand has its own foaming cleanser. While I was slightly hesitant about purchasing a product that I was not very familiar with, I decided to buy it anyway hoping that it would make my skin look just as nice the product that my great aunt used.

I was very disappointed by this product. The skin on my face is mostly dry, and this product made it even dryer. I have other facial products that I use two or three times a day that do not make my skin as dry as this product did. I only used this product in the morning before I took my shower, and it caused my skin to become irritated. The skin on my face is not sensitive at all and I rarely suffer from acne or blackout ...

• outbreaks, but after a week of using this foaming cleanser I began to develop small bumps on the apple of my cheeks and a few areas on my face actually started to peel.

The only beneficial use that I could find for this product would be as a makeup remover. The fact that it is so affordable and supposing designed for African American skin makes it very attractive to purchase, but I would prefer a product that would actually improve the condition of my skin, not make it worse.

I do not know if my experience using this product was more of a result of my skin being naturally dry or the foaming cleanser just being ineffective. I would not purchase this product again, and I do not recommend it to anyone with dry skin as well.

The only positive thing I found about using this product was that it made my skin feel soft. In my opinion, a jar or stick of cheap cocoa butter would have been more effective and cheaper for me to use than this product.

I would rate this product a 6 out of 10, mostly because I am not sure if my negative experience resulted from my skin type. The only real positive that I had from using this product was that it made the skin on my face softer. However, the discoloration that was present on my face look just the same as it was when I started using this product. The worst thing about this product was how it caused my face to break out, and the bumps disappeared shortly after I quit using this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115041060381130/k2311a0415/4.15.10