Telkom ADSL Internet
1.5
  • The really downside to it, which is a major one in my opinion, is the cost

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

The only reason I am actually using ADSL from Telkom, is because my father had it installed and he is paying for it.

In all honesty, the only good thing I find about it is the 10.00 MB/second speed, which is nothing extraordinary actually, since the whole idea of ADSL is speed.

The really downside to it, which is a major one

in my opinion, is the cost. It seemed reasonably affordable when I checked out the pricing structure at first, 199 South African Rands (about 28 US Dollars) a month, for 1 gigabyte of bandwidth. It was not until I started actually using it, in conjunction with the official statistics analyzer that I realized I could get a far better deal ...

• using a different Internet Service Provider!

While download speeds are really quick, and general connectivity is as can be expected from a cable connection, I am often left frustrated by how quickly that one gig of monthly bandwidth gets used up. This is what really irritates me about Telkom Internet; the amount of data uploaded is counted right along with the

amount downloaded and this is added up and documented as total data used!

This major factor has me spitting mad all the time that I don’t even have the desire to try out the other features that come with a Telkom ADSL line, such as e-mail and the likes.

In all honesty, I would say if you can get another ISP, do so!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2115041060251130/k2311a0415/4.15.10