Loftus Stadium, Pretoria, Gauteng Province South Africa
  • In my personal experience of attending games there though, I have always noticed the problem of parking space

• by Banelisiwe Lubisi

I have always loved attending matches at the Loftus Stadium in Pretoria, especially football matches.

Situated in Pretoria, affectionately known as the “City of Champions”, this stadium holds so much history for me that the up and coming FIFA World Cup™ will be nothing but the “cherry on top”.

In my personal experience of attending games there though, I have

always noticed the problem of parking space. There is not nearly enough parking space to accommodate all who go there to watch a game and often people have to park in “no-parking zones” and other informal, “risky” areas around the stadium, which can go as far as up to 10 km away.

I really think the “park-and-ride” system should be ...

• mastered and implemented well during the FIFA World Cup™, otherwise I foresee some serious problems in that regard.

Everything else about the Loftus Stadium is good though, the playing surface looks wonderful and the various operational structures on the inside, for spectators are world class, from the shops to the emergency exits, emergency rooms and even the seating arrangements.

I always

have a fantastic experience when going to a game at Loftus, unless the team I’m supporting doesn’t do too well, and I’m also pleased at the location of the stadium. It is located right next to a train station, the Loftus Versveld Station, which makes it accessible to people from all walks of life, who make use of different modes of transport.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3515041060231130/k2311a0415/4.15.10