Manila Executive Regency  » Real estate  »
1200 Jorge Bocobo Street, Ermita, Manila City, Philippines
  • It is only a 20-minute ride away from school, which is very convenient for me
  • Personally, I think that the small businesses located on the ground floor charge a very high fee for their products and services
  • Another problem that I have with the place is that the gym is very crappy

• by lyraql

I’m in college now, and I live very far away from the university. It’s 2-hour bus ride to school everyday, and it’s very tiring especially when I’m loaded with homework and projects. Due to my upcoming thesis, my parents decided to buy a condominium unit that’s near the university. It is only a 20-minute ride away from school, which is very convenient for me.

The condominium is located near Robinsons Place Manila and tons of bars, which makes it very accessible to a thriving night life. Being near a mall is great because I can easily buy the stuff I need for school and hang out when I’m bored. It’s also near a bank so I can always deposit cash whenever

I need to. It’s also near the bus station, so I can easily go home during weekends.

The unit we own has a breath-taking view of Manila Bay, and we can always watch the fireworks display during Pyrolympics season. The condominium also has a playground, a pool, and a gym; which are located on the top floor. There are laundromats, small groceries, and internet café, salons, small eateries, and spas located on the ground floor. Personally, I think that the small businesses located on the ground floor charge a very high fee for their products and services. The only reason why people buy from them and acquire their services is that they’re too lazy to go somewhere farther, but cheaper.

• That’s true in my case. Another problem that I have with the place is that the gym is very crappy. It’s so small and crowded, and the equipment is very limited and there isn’t much to choose from. The pool is always filled with people, so I never really feel like swimming there. But the biggest problem that I have with it is that the lack of a lobby, there’s no place to just sit and hang out. And also, there’s no wi-fi connection for the common areas, which means that you have to buy a connection service for your individual unit.

Since the place is near bars, there’s always loud music playing. This isn’t a big deal for me,

except during exams and when I need to get some sleep. The noise is just too much to bear sometimes. And when my neighbors have parties, I can hear the sound as if I’m in the party too. The only thing I can do about it is to report the noise to the guards, which are very nice by the way. They always let my visitors in, with my permission and consent of course. And the other staffs are nice too, they always greet people when they see them in the hallway or in the elevator.

Over-all, it’s a place for me to spend time with my friends and have a good time. But it’s not really a place to call home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6215041059751030/k2311a0415/4.15.10