L’Occitane Ruban d’Orange Eau de Toilette Fragrance  » Perfume  »
  • In my collection of fragrances, this L'Occitane Ruban d'Orange fragrance is definitely for keeps
  • I prefer scents that evoke a sense of depth than the generic types
  • What I love is that it seems to have a forward projection, it doesn't cease to be citrusy and remains inviting even towards the end
  • I surely recommend this perfume for all, both men and women

• by jhunie

In my collection of fragrances, this L’Occitane Ruban d’Orange fragrance is definitely for keeps. I would say, roughly half of my perfumes consist of fruity blends. I don’t delve into sweet and straight-up tutty fruity smells. I prefer scents that evoke a sense of depth than the generic types. I’m a fan of L’Occitane’s scented hand lotions, that started my interest for the brand. They’re fairly known for their bathing essentials with a distinct take on fruit-based scents. I particularly loved that cherry blossom hand cream I used to

slather on my hands. Most fruity fragrances have a propensity to be soapy but this is not one of those perfumes. If I remember sharply, this perfume was included from L’Occitane’s en Provence product line which to my belief was based from mainly French derived ingredients, likewise it’s named Provence, a certain region in France.

If I ponder on Provence, that automatically brings me to Cote d’azur. Well, there’s nothing oceanic or beach-y about this perfume. Rather, it’s the other way around. It smells organic, a sour orange variety with botanical accents. Though I can’t help to say it does smell sunny and optimistic. At a spritz you’re instantly greeted with that lemony scent added with an orange note which smells to me like fragrant mangoes. The combination is a surge of freshness, it has a bit of a complex taste than a lot of fruity scents because of the tree-like smell that emerges gradually blending with the lemon-orange duo. What I love is that it seems to have a forward projection, it doesn’t cease to be citrusy and remains inviting even ...

• L'Occitane Ruban d'Orange Eau de Toilette Fragrance
      towards the end.

In such manner above, the scent isn’t practically one-dimensional and nor does it disappoint in its closing. All the vegetal components of this cologne-y scent is well calculated, I don’t find it to be overpowering or too subtle. It’s light, familiar but personable. I like to wear this cologne everywhere. Though, I sometimes think I might as well blend to a sickening car freshener when inside the car. The only caveat is the fleeting life of the perfume, it doesn’t last longer. That’s credited probably to its

lack of a musky base, it’s not heavy by nature so it really dissipates early.

I obtained this last year and paid 46 dollars which is not bad at all with its benevolent size at 100 ml. It’s truly big enough for me. This comes in an orange bottle designed with ribbons running along its trunk. I surely recommend this perfume for all, both men and women. I’ll rate this delectable piece of orange scent a 9/10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5615041059561030/k2311a0415/4.15.10