Clash of the Titans Movie  » Movies  »
  • I bought tickets online and we watched it one Saturday afternoon
  • I knew it was about the Greek mythologies and I definitely did not know all the stories well, I don't really know if I would be able to follow the storyline at all
  • I think the most convincing character has to be Hades
  • I must say that the CGI techniques used is well integrated into the film and it is seemless, making it an enjoyable movie experience

• by Princess Sarah

My husband has been waiting for the movie Clash of the Titans to be released. I bought tickets online and we watched it one Saturday afternoon. He told me that it was a remake, but I have never watched the previous one, so really did not know what to expect.

I knew it was about the Greek mythologies and I definitely did not know all the stories well, I don’t really know if I would be able to follow the storyline at all. But surprisingly, it had a simple storyline, even for the young kids to follow.

The story started out with a fisherman who found a baby at sea. Perseus (Sam Worthington) was the son of God Zeus (Liam Neeson). He was half human and half God. The fisherman’s family he grew up with died when

the Argos army seek the wrath of the Gods and toppled the statue of Zeus.

He was brought to Argos where he found out that he was a demi-God when he could not be killed by Hades (Ralph Fiennes), brother of Zeus. Hades wanted to release the Kraken to Argos because they have not been praying to the Gods to feed their existence. Hades said that he would do that if Argos did not sacrifice Andromeda, the princess. So Perseus wanted to find a way to defeat the Kraken.

With a group of men, they went on a journey to the Underworld. They met with Acrisius, a disfigured man who was married to Danaë (Perseus’ real mother) when Zeus impregnated her with Perseus. Hades gave him power to persuade him to kill Perseus. His blood turned into ...

• giant scorpions and attacked Perseus and his men. They received help from a group of Djinn, sand demons with magic powers. They proceeded to meet Stygian Witches to learn how to defeat the Kraken, went on to retrieve Medusa’s head in order to kill the Kraken.

Medusa used to be pretty but cursed and whoever looks at Medusa in the eye will be turned into stone. All Perseus’ men died in the process of fighting Medusa. After defeating Medusa, he flew on the Pegasus back to Argos and retrieved his sword given by the Gods.

Perseus defeated the Kraken by making it look at Medusa’s eyes, and saved the princess Andromeda. Zeus appeared before Perseus and asked him to join them in Mount Olympus, but he refused. And since he is the son of God,

Zeus gave him a resurrected Io, who has been watching over Perseus his entire life and advising him on how to avenge the death of his family. She was killed by Acrisius earlier.

The three main characters in the Clash of the Titans are Perseus (Sam Worthington), Zeus (Liam Neeson) and Hades (Ralph Fiennes). I think the most convincing character has to be Hades. It was very well-acted by Ralph Fiennes.

I must say that the CGI techniques used is well integrated into the film and it is seemless, making it an enjoyable movie experience. Watching the Clash of the Titans inspired me to read about the Greek mythologies. I’m sure our daughter would be interested in some of these stories some time in the future, and I would want to know some stories to tell her.

Clash of the Titans Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114041059450530/k2311a0414/4.14.10