Anatolia Turkish Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
14 Scotts Road #02-58/59 Far East Plaza S(228213)
  • The fries were scrawny thin and oily at first taste
  • There is one big setback for Anatolia Turkish restaurant though - the price

• by Princess Sarah

My husband and I have been patrons of Anatolia Turkish Restaurant since it opened in Singapore in 1998 at Far East Plaza, a shopping centre in the heart of Orchard Road. At that time, there were few and mostly unknown Middle Eastern cuisine that was halal for Muslim patrons like us.

The main course at Anatolia Turkish restaurant was the grilled beef and chicken kebab. It is served in different ways, such as with rice, rolled in a pancake or stuffed in a pita. It can also be served in a

burger bun with fries.

We both had Rice Doner. My husband had beef while I had chicken. When the meal came, I was wondering why I did not have fries like my hubby. He said I could have his, since he is not a big fan of it. The fries were scrawny thin and oily at first taste. They used to be crinkle-cut fat ones previously. The food standards seem to have dropped a little. Even though there was Turkish tea and coffee, he had normal soft drinks instead. There is ...

• also a Turkish ice cream for dessert, if you dare. Why do I say so?

There something different about this ice cream. It is in the way it is sold. We have always been fascinated by the way the Turkish chefs bring it to the customers, with lots of fun and humour. Best to try it yourself!

The restaurant is rather small and can only fit about 20-30 customers at one sitting. It is not a restaurant you would go for a candlelight dinner though. The ambience is just not suitable. But

it is suitable for family gatherings and meeting with friends. It is brightly lit and have none of the cushy chairs available. It is suitable for simple dinners.

There is one big setback for Anatolia Turkish restaurant though - the price. The dishes and setmeals are pretty expensive. Our simple rice doner set cost us $23. Some people may feel that the food is not attractive enough to warrant such high-priced items on the menu.

All in all, the restaurant has great service, good food, but it may be too pricey for some people.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 714041059410530/k2311a0414/4.14.10