Adjustable chin-up bar by ProSpirit Athletic Gear
  • I bought this to use with my P90X program and I must say that I was slightly dissapointed upon its unboxing
  • I was looking for more of a temperary/removable type system, to avoid drilling any holes, and this one isn't it
  • I found their screws to strip easily, but they supply an extra brace which made its way to the garbage due to lack of need
  • The problem here, is that inorder to get it to the needed length, you could be twisting for a VERY LONG TIME, however, it is made to fit in most average doorways
  • I paid about $12 after tax over at a Target, and I've never really seen them out of stock

• by new_life

I bought this to use with my P90X program and I must say that I was slightly dissapointed upon its unboxing. I was looking for more of a temperary/removable type system, to avoid drilling any holes, and this one isn’t it. Not to say that there’s false advertising to blame (although they don’t specify that it is meant for more of a “permanent” installation), I’m just rather ignorant when it comes to home-style work out equipment. But, putting that misunderstanding aside, I do in fact enjoy using it, all though installing it is rather low on my “fun” list.

For installation, you have to mount two black,

hard plastic, cup-like braces to a door frame first, then insert the bar; the problem is, once these are properly installed (using all 3 screws per brace), you are no longer able to fully close the door, and, unless you’re prepared to spend 5 minutes EVERYTIME you want to add or remove the bar, you’re stuck with this somewhat unatracktive device mounted in a random doorway somewhere in the house. I found their screws to strip easily, but they supply an extra brace which made its way to the garbage due to lack of need.

As advertised, the bar is expandable, but to expand it is rather tedious– ...

• I don’t recomend installing it very high over your head unless, you can stand on a chair or step-stool durring the process. This bar is designed so that you hold onto one end, and then begin to twist the other until you reached your desired length. The problem here, is that inorder to get it to the needed length, you could be twisting for a VERY LONG TIME, however, it is made to fit in most average doorways. ^_^

Unlike other “cheap” chin-up bars carried in normal stores, this one has two adjustable foam pads that help provide “secure and comfortable grip” which are nice when I do

actual pull-ups (usually I just use my bands over the bar), and they eleminate the need for gloves which is important as I tend to sweat A LOT and find it hard to maintain a firm grip.

This bar is also rather durrable– it claims to support upto 250lbs. of weight. I can attest to that being rather heavy-set myself.

All-in-all this isn’t too bad of a deal. I paid about $12 after tax over at a Target, and I’ve never really seen them “out of stock”… anywhere; I can only imagine why.

You get what you pay for here: a sturdy, budget friendly chin-up bar that gets the job done.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414041059100430/k2311a0414/4.14.10