Intex Pool 18′ x 48″  » Housewares  »
  • The pool cost around $300 on sale, and it came with everything we needed
  • Even with the upgraded pump, I still consider the purchase of the pool a good value
  • I love having a pool in that back yard, and for $300 you can
  • I would recommend this pool to anyone looking for an inexpensive way to have a place to swim in your backyard

• by mariekay

Last summer we decided to purchase a pool for the back yard. We looked into getting an above ground pool installed, and the price was way too high for our budget. We still wanted somewhere for the kids and us to be able to swim and cool off, so we began looking into the pools that you set up and take down each season. They seemed to becoming more and more popular, and after a while we began to see them popping up in our neighbors yards one by one.

Intex has several varieties from which to choose. You can get a pool that is inflatable, but that didn’t seem durable enough for what we wanted, so we decided to go with the metal frame pool. The pool cost

around $300 on sale, and it came with everything we needed. All the pieces to set it up, plus a pump and filter, a cover, a ladder, and even a chemical starter kit. My husband assembled the pool in about an hour. It’s really important to make sure you put the pool on level ground, so he did have to do a little digging in the back yard to get it level. Once he got the pool up, it took a couple days to fill the whole thing with water. The pool was bigger than I expected, and it was 4 ft deep, so it’s was great for kids and adults alike. Once the pool was filled, it took about 3 really warm days for the water ...

• to be warm enough to swim. We had been adding the chemicals like the directions said, and the water by day 3 was warm and crystal clear.

The kids loved it right away. There was plenty of room in the pool for several kids and a couple of adults. I was able to float around on a raft, which is all I really care about doing in the pool. The kids had so much fun, and we ended up getting a lot of use out of the pool last summer. It is really sturdy and durable, and fairly attractive in a bright blue color. You do need to make sure that the chemicals are always at the right level, as with any pool. We had a brief

period of time when the water began to get cloudy, but we got it back under control quickly.

The pump and filter than come with the pool are rather small and not that powerful, so we ended up purchasing an upgraded pump and filter and that worked much better for a pool that size. Even with the upgraded pump, I still consider the purchase of the pool a good value. I know it won;t last forever, but if we can get 4-5 summers out of it, it will be worth it. I love having a pool in that back yard, and for $300 you can;t beat the price. I would recommend this pool to anyone looking for an inexpensive way to have a place to swim in your backyard.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5314041059080430/k2311a0414/4.14.10