Brookstone talking remote thermometer  » Health  »
  • I love to grill and also cook using the oven to cook various types of roast, chicken, turkey and other meats
  • Having used a manual meat thermometer all my life I decided to give this new fancy thermometer a try
  • I like my prime rib on the rare side so I set it up to the remote thermometer using the temperature indicated for beef rare
  • I recommend the Brookstone remote thermometer to anyone that likes to grill or cook

• by Mandulis

I recently bought a raffle ticket at charity event to help the needy. I never win at these sorts of things but the money was going for a good cause so really never expected to hear anything. A couple weeks later I received a letter along with a package stating my ticket had been drawn I had won a prize.

I open the package and found a talking remote thermometer. I

love to grill and also cook using the oven to cook various types of roast, chicken, turkey and other meats. Having used a manual meat thermometer all my life I decided to give this new fancy thermometer a try.

What a great gadget! You can set the desire temperature to whatever you like. Well I decided to use it on a prime rib roast, I have a tendency to forget ...

• to check the manual thermometer and cook it well done. I like my prime rib on the rare side so I set it up to the remote thermometer using the temperature indicated for beef rare. I took the remote and set it on the kitchen table and set down to watch television. A while later I hear this recorded message saying “Almost ready”, I went in to check my roast
        and seen the temperature was just a few degrees from my setting. The roast was perfectly the way I wanted it!

I recommend the Brookstone remote thermometer to anyone that likes to grill or cook!

Pros: Set-up and walk away Wireless remote you can carry with you Alerts you when the temperature selected is close LCD read out showing actual temperature Voice alert Very accurate temperature reading Large easy to read display

Cons: Can not be used on a rotisserie!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414041059000430/k2311a0414/4.14.10