Gentle Leader  » Pets  »
  • I decided I would get the “Gentle Leader” a try

• by Jolene

I have a very hyper male cocker spaniel. I rescued him and he hasn’t exactly got what I would call “manners”. One of his biggest problems is pulling the lead from my hand while we are on walks.

It doesn’t appear to bother him that the collar is choking him. He keeps right on pulling and subsequently aggravating my shoulder.

I decided I

would get the “Gentle Leader” a try. I was a little skeptical at first.

It looks more like a muzzle than a leader. I got strange looks at first.

People would ask me if he was an aggressive dog. I said that he wasn’t aggressive and that this device did not prevent dogs from biting, but from pulling their owner all over during ...

• walks.

The concept of this item lies in the way it is put together. Part of this contraption goes around the dog’s neck and part of it slips around the muzzle.

You secure your leash to a hook that is fastened underneath the neck of the leader. The purpose of the location of the lead is to teach the dog not to pull

by have the tension pull his head to one side or the other.

Dogs do not like this and thus do not pull like they would on a normal lead. Dogs remind me somewhat of oxen.

You can put something around their neck and they will pull the item. It appears as though their neck muscles are stronger than their humans assume.

I enjoy this product.

Gentle Leader

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2914041058990430/k2311a0414/4.14.10