The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • It is also true that it doesn't really get interesting until you have read about 100 pages
  • For people who like fantasy literature, and still haven't read this book -I doubt it, as all fantasy literature fans that I know have already read it-, I recommend this book, as it will transport you to a great adventure that leaves nobody indifferent

• by Cal

The author J. R. R.

Tolkien is very well known for books like The Hobbit or The Lord of the rings. I can understand the fame of this author, as the books that he has written are a completely different world.

About The Hobbit, this book was published in 1937, and relates a story that happens in a world completely created by the author, with languages and species created by this person too.

/> Summarizing the story, it relates the adventures of Bilbo Baggins, a hobbit who sees his peaceful life drastically changed when the wizard Gandalf and a group of dwarfs take him for a mission.

From that moment he lives a lot of adventures that change him completely. I’m not going to tell you all the story, as it’s better if you read it by yourself, and I don’t want to ruin all ...

• the fun of reading a book.

This book is full of really detailed descriptions. Sometimes, a little too detailed.

Some people complain about having had to read descriptions of little things that last 2 or 3 pages, and I admit that it made the book a little hard to read sometimes for me too. It is also true that it doesn’t really get interesting until you have read about 100 pages.

However,

if you can reach that point, this book completely absorbs you in all the adventures, and the characters that are extremely well developed. The language is also carefully chosen and beautifully used.

For people who like fantasy literature, and still haven’t read this book -I doubt it, as all fantasy literature fans that I know have already read it-, I recommend this book, as it will transport you to a great adventure that leaves nobody indifferent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1714041058820430/k2311a0414/4.14.10