Comcast  » Business  »
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2838
  • Comcast has impressed me overall as a business, and after many years of being a customer, I would not switch provider, particularly for their internet service, and more recently for their cable provision
  • Sadly, I think a lot of Comcast customer service representatives are trained with a set of standard phrases, and if you find yourself in this situation, you would achieve more by hitting your head against a brick wall
  • Overall, I like Comcast, but their customer service is designed more for their benefit rather than yours

• by npz

Comcast has impressed me overall as a business, and after many years of being a customer, I would not switch provider, particularly for their internet service, and more recently for their cable provision. I have certainly fended off approaches from satellite providers for clear dishonesty in the information that they provide you with, in an attempt to get you to switch provider. My opinion of the Comcast Customer Service department, is that it has its good days and its bad days, much like most businesses I guess, but I certainly think Comcast could do a lot to minimize their bad days.

When Comcast are on form, they are really good. Cable is great with few interruptions, and internet access is seamless and super fast. As for Comcast’s

customer service department, I have had great experiences, for example, I have had experiences whereby I have ordered a service and they have been able to offer me an appointment to come out the very next day. That is impressive. For this appointment, they were also on time, courteous and did what they said they were going to do. As you would hope, but sadly don’t always find, there were no extra charges, and the bill presented was exactly what was predicted.

When you call Comcast, thankfully you don’t normally have to wait very long before speaking with a real human being. Most of the time, the person you speak to is friendly and cheerful and does their best to help you. Occasionally, you get someone who must ...

• be having a really bad day, and your phone call will go from bad to worse within minutes, and they will all but hang up on you without addressing the reason for your call. Sadly, I think a lot of Comcast customer service representatives are trained with a set of standard phrases, and if you find yourself in this situation, you would achieve more by hitting your head against a brick wall. Often, they will rely on a standard phrase which offloads any responsibility for answering the question, wastes your time and achieves absolutely zero.

I have also had experiences whereby I get through to a really nice person, promises to do their best, but then start making suggestions over the phone that you know are not going to work, and

worse will actually mess up the settings on your network. When you try and tell them that your network is about to get messed up, you are given a standard phrase. At this point, you realize that you are entering the circular realm of getting nowhere and just want to get off the phone.

If you call with a simple question which really only requires a change to settings over the phone, I have found that Comcast are all too eager to say that they cannot help, and to try and set you up with a personal appointment with a Comcast service guy. This is just a thinly veiled attempt to charge you for an unnecessary callout.

Overall, I like Comcast, but their customer service is designed more for their benefit rather than yours.

Comcast

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4113041058740830/k2311a0413/4.13.10