Ulta Mineral Bronzer
1.0
  • I usually avoid all bronzers because I assume they will all look too dark and fake on my fair skin
  • But, this was a gift from a well meaning friend so I thought I’d at least try it
  • I decided to blame it on the poor lighting in my bathroom
  • Unfortunately, it seems they went to the other extreme
  • That’s what I feel it did to me and I think my skin looks better without it

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I usually avoid all bronzers because I assume they will all look too dark and fake on my fair skin. But, this was a gift from a well meaning friend so I thought I’d at least try it. I tried this first on my shoulder as I didn’t think I’d like it on my face. I picked up a small amount onto the round brush provided with the set. I started to apply it in a circular motion to the top of my shoulder which I keep covered and is very

fair naturally.

Amazingly, there was no difference. I dipped the brush again, being much more generous with the powder this time. Again, it added almost nothing in the way of color. Only shimmer which I found puzzling.

I decided to blame it on the poor lighting in my bathroom. I took a mirror outside so I could see better. Again, shimmer but only the faintest hint of a pinkish tint. Then I decided to try an old trick I’d learned to get more intense color from cosmetics.

I put moisturizer on

my shoulder first. I let it soak in a bit and then applied yet more bronzer. The color was somewhat more noticeable. I still think the difference was so subtle that I could barely tell the difference.

I gave it one last go and tried it on my cheek and my eye lid. On my cheek it did nothing, other than make my pinkish complexion appear sort of dull and dirty. On my eye, it looked pink and the mica powder brought out the fine lines around my eyes. I give ...

• Ulta Mineral Bronzer
      Ulta points for not creating a bronzer that is too heavy and dark.

Unfortunately, it seems they went to the other extreme. My experience is this mineral bronzer is sheer to the point of being non existent. In short, I don’t think this stuff works as a bronzer. It only works as a shimmer.

That is, if you’re already tan this stuff will make your tan sparkly and that’s about it. Even then, I think I would advise against it. I might wear this at night to add shimmer, if I

go out to a club or something. But, I wouldn’t feel confident wearing it in the day.

For daytime I feel it will only look good on extremely young women with flawless skin. In my opinion, most of you will find that all the sparkle does is bring out flaws in your skin you didn’t even know you had and make you look older. That’s what I feel it did to me and I think my skin looks better without it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113041058390830/k2311a0413/4.13.10