Barry’s Boot Camp Hollywood Fat Blaster Workout Lower Body  » Health  »
  • While I am more inclined to tackle upper body sessions, I found his Hollywood Fat Blaster Workout lower body just as challenging and as fun as the other two
  • I have never enjoyed squats but the bands make them even tougher here

• by Jude244

After purchasing my Barry’s Boot Camp workout system from Amazon a short while back, I really got into the included Hollywood Fat Blaster DVD’s. While I am more inclined to tackle upper body sessions, I found his Hollywood Fat Blaster Workout lower body just as challenging and as fun as the other two.

One of the things I really enjoy about this workout is the Focused Interval Training method he utilizes. What that breaks down to is about fourteen or so exercises, done for a minute, and that quickly change back and forth to a different muscle group or focus.

The entire workout is about 21 minutes and is over before you know it. If you stick to the plan and alternate between the other Barry’s Boot Camp DVD’s you also don’t get

tired of the routine as quickly.

Not only that, but included with this Fat Blaster Workout is a six other Mission Specialist target toning routines. There are two workouts for the upper and lower body, and two for the abs. Each target area has a regular and an advanced routine you can follow, for a total of six bonus workouts on the DVD.

This is such a welcome change to the lackluster workout DVD’s that kept making their way to my shopping basket. I seem to keep purchasing new DVD’s only to find out when I try them that they are actually complicated aerobic step classes, with punishing paces, and near impossible combinations.

This Hollywood Fat Blaster Workout is the complete opposite of that. It has both aerobic and resistance training ...

• intervals, yet it is beginner friendly. It is also loaded with exercises to sculpt the thighs, legs, and butt without bulking you up.

You need to use a stability ball and a set of handled resistance cords to do this workout. To give you an overview of the workout it begins with a warm up of a marching and running in place. Then we jump rope and do jumping jacks to get the heart rate up.

We start the workout with the power handles and do “Busters” which is a move in which you crisscross the resistance cord and do side steps against the cord resistance. Next we do high knee jumps with opposite arm touches to the knee, and then move into squats with the resistance cords under our feet. I have never enjoyed

squats but the bands make them even tougher here.

After that we do a jumping move over the resistance band lying across the floor, and then we do a back lunge with the resistance band. Next we hold the stability ball over head while hopping on one leg. Then we do a special lunge with the resistance bands before moving on to compass jumps which is an N-S-E-W jump.

We wrap up the workout with moves such as reverse lunge while holding the ball, Hamstring kickbacks, pile squats with the bands, and slow mountain climbers.

If you’d like to try this workout for yourself, it is sold on Amazon for less than seven dollars. It is also part of the Barry’s Boot Camp also available on Amazon for about Fifty dollars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3413041058380830/k2311a0413/4.13.10