Malibu Pilates Mari’s Dynamic Sequencing Workout  » Health  »
1.0
  • I found it difficult to get the necessary enthusiasm needed to motivate me sooner, since I am disappointed overall with my purchase of this in home workout equipment
  • Unfortunately, what looked so promising on the infomercial, shown at least twenty times a day on cable, amounted to little more than a place to lay my clothes out for the following day
  • When I first watched it I thought it could be just the workout to help me stay in shape while not disturbing the surgical areas I needed physical therapy to rehabilitate
  • Unfortunately, the workouts are all so similar, and frankly boring, that I dreaded even trying this last Mari’s Dynamic Sequencing DVD
  • If you don’t own the chair, I would not recommend buying the workout separately since it is of little use without the chair component

• by Jude244

Last night I tore open the Malibu Pilates Mari’s Dynamic Sequencing Workout which was the last of the workout DVD’s that came with my Malibu Pilates Chair System.

I found it difficult to get the necessary enthusiasm needed to motivate me sooner, since I am disappointed overall with my purchase of this in home workout equipment.

Unfortunately, what looked so promising on the infomercial, shown at least twenty times a day on cable, amounted to little more than a place to lay my clothes out for the following day.

Yes, I spent a pretty penny on a coil-spring; backless chair that now doubles as a garment caddy. I should be ashamed but annoyed comes to mind more often.

If you too have watched the infomercial, you have seen soap opera celebrities and fitness enthusiasts alike all enjoying the heck out of this

new Pilates chair device.

When I first watched it I thought it could be just the workout to help me stay in shape while not disturbing the surgical areas I needed physical therapy to rehabilitate. I had feared that my time away from workouts would leave me doughy and unmotivated.

This chair offered a no-impact toning alternative with resistance coils as its primary method of operation. Unfortunately, the workouts are all so similar, and frankly boring, that I dreaded even trying this last Mari’s Dynamic Sequencing DVD.

Maybe I expected something different, but the system is about as exciting as that Sit and be Fit series that used to be on Public Television. I mean I sit on the chair and I press my feet down against the spring loaded bar.

Then, I change my foot position and press my feet again against ...

• the bar. Just as that exercise ends you are then told to move your feet again and yes, you guessed it, press your feet against the bar.

As you can imagine, this becomes a very tedious and annoying workout, since you do little more then use different limbs to press against that low-tech spring loaded bar. How on earth could someone do these 30-45 minute workouts everyday?

Press the bar, move your feet, press the bar, move again, here’s a change, pull and twist the bar and it separates into two smaller bars, which you then get to press your feet against them.

Oh wow, I just can’t get enough of this foot pressing frenzy. I could see how under certain circumstances that these chairs could be used as non-invasive torture. Okay, at the very least it may bore you to tears.

The sad

part is that I had actually liked Pilates before this Malibu chair, and own an extensive DVD collection featuring a number of awesome Pilate’s workouts. The workouts featured with the chair including last nights Mari’s Dynamic Sequencing are just mind numbing.

It’s only plus is that it is filmed at a pretty pool side local, but even that is being generous since the non-stop chatter of the instructor and the never-ending looping soundtrack even ruin what little there is to like about the DVD.

If you own the Malibu Chair, you should have received this workout as part of the combination of DVD’s included in the set. If you did not receive it, it is available on Amazon for little over three dollars. If you don’t own the chair, I would not recommend buying the workout separately since it is of little use without the chair component.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3413041058370830/k2311a0413/4.13.10