Sherlock Holmes movie  » Movies  »
  • I prefer the slicker, more polished detective, like Basil Rathbone played
  • His thoughtful moments that show his intellect are among the best moments of the movie

• by Orrymain

From 2009, it’s Robert Downey Jr. starring in Sherlock Holmes and playing the well-known sleuth. Here are a few of my observations.

–The best thing about the movie is the music. It’s powerful and dramatic. It highlights all of the happenings very well. It makes you afraid, curious, and amused. It’s a great score.

–This isn’t the type of portrayal I like in Holmes. I’ve

seen many other Sherlock Holmes movies and a couple of them play the role like this, with Holmes very into his own world and almost callous to anything outside of his experiments and such. I prefer the slicker, more polished detective, like Basil Rathbone played.

–Downey plays the role with arrogance that is inborn. He’s a pretty confident fellow as an actor, so playing Holmes with that same ...

• fervor is easy for him. His thoughtful moments that show his intellect are among the best moments of the movie.

–Jude Law surprised me greatly with his Dr. Watson. I liked his interpretation very much. This relationship was much more of the friendship level than some of the other variations. It’s believable. When he’s frustrated, it’s understandable and amusing, but down deep, Holmes is his

friend, and I just love how he makes me believe that.

–There’s too much violence and shots of things that I don’t like. I wish other decisions on locales and such had been made.

I had higher hopes for this picture overall. I’m not crazy about it, but I don’t hate it, either. There’s enough here to keep me interested, but not enough for me to sing its praises.

Sherlock Holmes movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1113041058050730/k2311a0413/4.13.10