Boncafe - ICafe Iced Mocha Canned Drink
  • So I decided to settle for a coffee-based canned drink which is about 240ml only
  • I love mocha and I had two choices of brand names - Nescafe or Boncafe
  • I did not notice that when I bought and drank the drink
  • I would not recommend this if you have a healthier choice available

• by Princess Sarah

Feeling a little thirsty while waiting for my husband, I stepped into a 24-hour convenience store to get a drink. It’s funny that there are no tetra pack drinks available there. I checked the refrigerators twice over just to make sure.

I knew that getting a normal-sized canned drink of 330ml would be too much for me. I would normally share that with my husband. So I decided to settle for a coffee-based canned drink which is about 240ml only. I love

mocha and I had two choices of brand names - Nescafe or Boncafe. I checked out the prices and chose the cheaper Boncafe Iced Mocha Canned Drink.

The first thing that caught my eye about the Boncafe Iced Mocha Canned Drink was the label ‘low fat’. That’s great! I definitely don’t need the extra fat. There are also no preservatives in the drink, and it’s halal, a plus point for all Muslims as well.

With regards to the taste, I must say that ...

• it’s very creamy. The mocha taste is also prevalent. I like it. Just make sure that you chill the Boncafe Iced Mocha Canned Drink in the refrigerator and shake well before enjoying it. Teh drink also claims to be a rich creamy brew of pure roasted Brazilian coffee with cocoa and milk. Thus far, it tastes good to me. That is all that matters.

However there is something very disturbing about the Boncafe Iced Mocha Canned Drink. It has got unsaturated fat

and cholestrol in it. That’s really not good news. I did not notice that when I bought and drank the drink. Just a little more detail on the Boncafe Iced Mocha Canned Drink for the health conscious. It has 126kCal per serving.

All in all, the Boncafe Iced Mocha Canned Drink tastes good, but it may not be entirely healthy though. The price is a steal, at $1.20 per can. I would not recommend this if you have a healthier choice available.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713041057180630/k2311a0413/4.13.10