Presto 16″ Glass Covered Electric Skillet  » Housewares  »
  • I have to say that I love this electric skillet even more than I had my previous one
  • A very good electric skillet that I would recommend to anyone

• by sofcthy

I received the Presto 16″ Glass Covered Electric Skillet as a housewarming present from my mother. My old electric skillet had finally bitten the dust and I was very upset since I hate frying anything on top of the stove.

I have to say that I love this electric skillet even more than I had my previous one. The Presto 16″ Glass Covered Electric Skillet is large enough to cook for a family of five and deep enough to hold quite a bit of hamburger helper which we make a lot.

The Presto 16″ Glass Covered Electric Skillet is made out of aluminum so it is not heavy to lift. It is nice enough

that it looks good sitting on your table if you want to just transfer the entire skillet instead of emptying the food into something else.

I also like the fact that the Presto 16″ Glass Covered Electric Skillet comes with a glass lid. That way, I can see what is going on with my food without having to lift the lid over and over again. Also, the cover sits fits very tightly to the skillet so that the heat stays inside the skillet instead of escaping into the air.

You do not have to wait long for the Presto 16″ Glass Covered Electric Skillet to heat up. That was one of my ...

• major disappointments in my previous electric skillet. I am a very impatient person and do not like to have to wait very long, so this is a great feature for me. And even though it heats up easily, the Presto 16″ Glass Covered Electric Skillet does not burn food easily. You have to be a really, really bad cook to burn anything in this electric skillet since I do fine and I am notoriously known for my bad cooking. Yes, my husband does most of the heavy lifting in the cooking department.

The Presto 16″ Glass Covered Electric Skillet is very easy to clear because of the non stick base it has

and in fact, takes very little vegetable oil when cooking which is great for those of us on diets or watching our fat intake.

If I have any complaints at all about the Presto 16″ Glass Covered Electric Skillet it would be that the heat is not evenly distributed in the skillet. Say I am cooking pork chops. The ones on the outside seem to get done faster than the ones on the inside of the electric skillet. However, when I am cooking hamburger helper or sloppy joe, this does not seem to affect the overall performance or cooking - so it is a tiny matter.

A very good electric skillet that I would recommend to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5312041056830630/k2311a0412/4.12.10