Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for DS and Wii-Ware  » Games  »
  • Now, one thing to keep in mind, for Wii-Ware, they couldn’t fit the game on the entire TV screen without compromising the quality, (I mean, it is a game intended for a portable system) so the made it as big as they could without the game looking distorted, and for what it is, I think it looks good and I didn’t even really notice that the image doesn’t really fill the screen
  • I thought some of the tracks were quite memorable and I sometimes hum them to myself when I am bored
  • It may sound boring, but it’s actually done in a fun way
  • I highly recommend this game, it’s got a great story and it was a lot more fun than I was ever expecting it to be
  • I give it a 10 out of 10, I really love this game

• by Shintai

The Phoenix Wright series is a rather popular series of games about a lawyer named Phoenix Wright. The series actually started in Japan and over there it’s known as Gyakuten Saiban which translates to “Turnabout Trials”, which explains why the different trials in the games of this series always have Turnabout in the name (Turnabout Sister, Turnabout Samurai, etc.) Another fun fact is that the series actually started off as a game boy advance trilogy back in Japan, and was later ported to the Nintendo DS and on Wii-Ware years later. Anyways, this is about the first game in series which introduces the characters and let us say our very first “Objection!”

Graphically, this game looks really good, on both the DS and Wii-Ware. Now, one thing to keep in mind, for Wii-Ware, they couldn’t fit the game on the entire TV screen without compromising the quality, (I mean, it is a game intended for a portable system) so the made it as big as they could without

the game looking distorted, and for what it is, I think it looks good and I didn’t even really notice that the image doesn’t really fill the screen. Now the game is pretty much entirely hand drawn backgrounds and hand drawn portraits of characters. Everything is colorful and shows a lot of life and personality; honestly you can really tell the developers put a lot of care and consideration into these characters, making sure they came to life in the game through their expressions. Now, the animations at time, are a bit lacking at times, I mean this is still a port of a game boy advance game, even if it was enhanced. Still other than that, this game looks great. Now I also have to mention that the game has a bit of an anime look to it, but it’s nothing extreme, and I actually know a lot of people who despite anime who enjoy the look of this game. So if you don’t like ...

• anime, don’t be intimidated as the look of the game is actually quite welcoming.

The music in this game is actually quite good. I thought some of the tracks were quite memorable and I sometimes hum them to myself when I am bored. Now this game does have a little bit of voice acting, but it’s only for one line, and that’s when the characters say “Objection!” and it’s actually done fairly when and sounds appropriate. The sound effects are also quite good too, they usually use sound effects to emphasis the defeat of a certain character or their reaction and surprise to the sudden turn of events, and it’s really well done.

Now, to talk about the story or game play in this game individually is pretty tough because both are pretty much intertwined. The story starts off with you playing as Phoenix Wright in his first court case trying to prove his friend Larry Butz innocent. By finding contradictions in witness testimonies using evidence, this is basically

how you play the game. It may sound boring, but it’s actually done in a fun way. In the other cases in the game you even get o investigate and find evidence on your own. Each case is important to the overall story in some way, by either introducing an important character or revealing something about a certain character; all the cases are pretty much intertwined in some way. Now, I’ve played the Wii-Ware version of this game, it doesn’t come with the 5th case the DS version of this game has, but it’s going to be available on May 24th for $1 so, if you’re patient you can get the extra case, but if you have a DS and don’t want to wait, go ahead and get the game for the DS. I highly recommend this game, it’s got a great story and it was a lot more fun than I was ever expecting it to be. I give it a 10 out of 10, I really love this game.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2812041056720630/k2311a0412/4.12.10